cancel

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
shortcut Honor Student
Honor Student
4 4 0 0
Message 311 of 384
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

hpqgpc01.exe

I got my new epson at 20.00 cheaper and it has memory card and scan with

lcd for paper etc and it is working great. Model NX515.    Hope it works out for everyone

and they get this resolved.   Tim

0 Kudos
Intern
Intern
42 41 0 1
Message 312 of 384
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

hpqgpc01.exe

Not true.  I used the software that came with the printer and got the error on two NEW PC's.  HP told me to download the latest version from the web.  It was identical to what I already had and did not fix the problem.  I tried deleting the HP Digital Imaging exe's from the startup, and tried a gazillion other things.  And judging by the verious posts, this error occurs with various models of HP printers.  I have the Officejet 6500 wireless.  The only way I could make it stop, but still have everything function on the printer (scan, copy, fax, print, card reader), was to make it a network printer.  Unfortunataely, all HP printers don't have an Ethernet port, and not everyone has a router.  It's BS that HP won't address this and fixt it for ALL HP printers affected.
0 Kudos
Intern
Intern
42 41 0 1
Message 313 of 384
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

hpqgpc01.exe

That's GREAT.  The secret is...  you didn't buy an HP.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
PhD Student PhD Student
PhD Student
729 712 52 224
Message 314 of 384
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

hpqgpc01.exe

I have some really good news.

The patch that fixes this problem got released for some of our products.

Here is the link

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareDownloadIndex?lc=en&dlc=en&cc=us&softwareitem=mp-72211-2

Thanks

Message Edited by JonW on 09-24-2009 09:25 AM
JonW

I work for HP
Intern
Intern
35 34 0 2
Message 315 of 384
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

hpqgpc01.exe

@JonW wrote:

Here is the link

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareDownloadIndex?lc=en&dlc=en&cc=us&softwareitem=mp-72211-2

Thanks

Where does the patch claim to fix the hpqgpc01.exe error on shutdown? Claimed fixes, " Corrects an issue that indicates Solution Center needs to be reconfigured when it is launched. This update will upgrade Adobe Flash module and Solution Center to fix the version incomptibility of Solution Center with Adobe Flash.

How can we tell which printers are supported as there is no printer list? Looks like it supports the Officejet Pro 8500 as its shown as the selected printer.

<quoted text edited to reflect edits made by OP>

Message Edited by WendyM on 09-24-2009 01:24 PM
0 Kudos
Intern
Intern
42 41 0 1
Message 316 of 384
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

hpqgpc01.exe

I don't think this will work for me.  I have an Officejet 6500 Wireless (but I don't use it wirelessly).  And my error was a shutdown error, 0xc000005.  I looked under my printer and I don't see any additional downloads.

Since I plugged the printer into my router (hard-wired), I haven't had the error...  not at all... on either PC.  When I did try to use the printer wirelessly, it totally locked up.  The power button would not even turn it off.  Even after unplugging, on/off switch would not work... nothing worked.  I have a 3rd PC that I wanted to add to my network, but it would have to be wireless, because it's too far away to hard-wire plus I'd have to go through duct work.  I don't know how I will use the printer on this 3rd PC, because I sure don't want to go through all of this again. 

0 Kudos
Intern
Intern
42 41 0 1
Message 317 of 384
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

hpqgpc01.exe

Do you know if this will fix the 0xc000005 shutdown error?  I tried everything (internet research, tech support, etc) to get rid of this for 5-month, on TWO NEW PC's.  Finally, I read somewhere in this forum, that networking the printer would make it go away (not really a fix). So I plugged the printer into my router, and FINALLY, the error is GONE.  However, if I even want to plug back into my PC for any reason, the error will likely return.  In addition, I want to add a 3rd PC, wirelessly, but when I tried to run the wireless setup for the printer, the printer completely locked up. Again... several hours on the phone with tech support to get it working again.  I have an Officejet 6500 Wireless.
0 Kudos
PhD Student PhD Student
PhD Student
729 712 52 224
Message 318 of 384
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

hpqgpc01.exe

Hi all, 

I have spoken to the developers of this patch and this willbe the revised description that goes out when it is released for all theprinters mentioned in this thread

Title:  Solution Center Update Description: 

This update corrects two issues: 

1) Solution Center prompting for disk when launched or during a pc reboot and

2) Prevents an application error with hpqgpc01.exe when PC is shut down. 

I hope this clears up any confusion that may exist.

Thanks

JonW

I work for HP
0 Kudos
ags1941 Top Student
Top Student
7 6 0 0
Message 319 of 384
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

hpqgpc01.exe

As someone here suggested I unchecked hp digital imaging in the startup and the shutdown error msg went away.

What am I losing by unchecking that program?

0 Kudos
Intern
Intern
35 34 0 2
Message 320 of 384
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

hpqgpc01.exe

@JonW wrote:

Here is the link

Thanks

Message Edited by JonW on 09-24-2009 09:25 AM

Vista 64bit sp2, version 12 software, C6380 printer. The above patch installed no problem and the shutdown error seems to be gone!

Thanks Jon

0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation