cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
    Information
    Know the Benefits of your HP account

Connect with HP support faster, manage all your devices in one place, view warranty information and more– Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
    Information
    Know the Benefits of your HP account

Connect with HP support faster, manage all your devices in one place, view warranty information and more– Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Highlighted
Level 1
15 14 0 0
Message 31 of 384
Flag Post
HP Recommended

unfortunately, after making a few scans and a copy, the error message has returned.

also, the "start scan" button on the printer doesnt work, the screen says try scanning from the computer.

nuts!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 2
8 8 0 10
Message 32 of 384
Flag Post
HP Recommended
Sorry to hear that hardwaterfan. I have printed several documents and after reading your message I also scanned a photo and I still have not seen the message return. Maybe you should try unchecking all of the HP programs in the MSCONFIG and then start enabling them one at a time as you need to.  One note: I can scan or print from either the printer or from the computer. If you can't scan directly from your printer, you may have additional hardware and/or software issues.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 1
15 14 0 0
Message 33 of 384
Flag Post
HP Recommended

TomR and the gang:

Thanks for the help and ideas but im afraid I just jumped ship. this is just too frustrating for me right now. I took it back. The scan button not working was the last straw.

im very sad and actually im pretty shocked it came to that. it seems like HP did no testing on this printer at all.....i dont know if it has to do with the 64 bit system or what.

I would still consider another HP printer, ive owned two so far, the first was sort of ok, and this one was a dud. Actually thats not very good i guess.

Good luck with this, I will see you all around the HP board.

I seriously wish you guys good luck with this, i know how frustrating and disappointing this is.

George

0 Kudos
Highlighted
2 1 0 0
Message 34 of 384
Flag Post
HP Recommended

TomR,

Thanks for the time you've spent troubleshooting this error message. We've been getting it on my wife's new Dell Studio 15 (Vista 64 SP1). We have AT&T DSL and we use the wireless 2WIRE router with an HP C6380 all-in-one printer.

I do have an additional question that you've probably already solved elsewhere, but I can't seem to find it. About 40% of the time when we print, the printer begins to print and gets about 1/4 or 1/8 of the way through a page and then it stalls out. The print monitor on the computer gives an error message. It often happens when printing documents that are longer than 1 page. I've seen this error mentioned in various Google searches I've done, but no one seems to know how to fix it. I think it has to do with Vista and the HP printer not getting along. I don't believe the router is the issue. Have you any suggestions on what we might do to fix this issue? Thanks.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
2 2 0 0
Message 35 of 384
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Just wanted to chime in on this hpqgpc01.exe error. 

I have a Dell Studio 540 (117B) Core 2 Quad CPU desktop with VISTA Home Premium 64 bit and a Toshiba L05-S5875 laptop with VISTA Home Premium 32 bit.  Both the desktop and laptop access the same C6380 in wireless mode and print/copy just fine.  The desktop, however, gets the hpqgpc01.exe application error when shutting down, especially if the printer is OFF.  The laptop has no problems at all with the printer. 

I have worked with HP and tried a number of solutions and have also tried some listed on this forum.  They all seem to work initially but ultimately the error comes back.  Most recently I did a complete uninstall (\Util\CCC\Uninstall_L3.bat on the installation CD) and reinstalled from HP's own download site using the software supposedly compatible with both 32 and 64 bit VISTA.  The error promptly returned. 

There is a list of VISTA approved hardware, printers in particular, at this Microsoft site: 

http://www.microsoft.com/windows/compatibility/Browse.aspx?type=Hardware&category=Printers%20%26%20S...

I plan on finding a suitable printer from this list and replacing the C6380 today or tomorrow. 

Can anyone recommend an all-in-one from HP (or any other vendor) that does not have this problem with VISTA 64? 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 1
15 14 0 0
Message 36 of 384
Flag Post
HP Recommended

ill be darned, my returned printer (C5540) is NOT on that list either. i made SURE to check, right on the box, it said Vista 64 bit compatible.

i would also still consider an HP, i thought someone said it was a problem with the memory card readers but who knows. i need a printer and now im afraid to buy one.

thanks for posting that list, unfortunately what we need now is for owners of those machines to let us know the deal but if they dont have any problems then theyll never find this forum....

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 1
17 17 0 0
Message 37 of 384
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi

I got as far as the additional drivers section, put an x in tyhe x32 box which currently said NO , had installed the C6380 CD and pointed to the drivers folder but it could not find anything, just hung??

Thoughts please

thanks

Rob

0 Kudos
Highlighted
4 4 0 0
Message 38 of 384
Flag Post
HP Recommended
As I stated previously I have HP Pavilion with Vista 64bit and a C4580 wireless printer. I get the error message only when the printer is off. My roommate has a HP Vista 32bit and has never gotten the error message. The difference is that she is the primary on our home network router (comcast) and she installed the software while connected to the router via ethernet cable. I was not connected to the router via an ethernet cable when I installed the software. I can still use the printer I just get the annoying error message when ever I shut down. Hope this info helps.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
2 2 0 0
Message 39 of 384
Flag Post
HP Recommended

RobH, I don't know why you're computer is hanging on this one.  I tried this fix, worked for a few boots and then started failing again.  Try pointing the drive the CD is in rather than the actual driver library, maybe that will work. 

By the way, I tried installing directly using the USB cable and also via wireless network, doesn't matter, neither eliminates the hpqgpc01.exe application error.  I don't think the problem is with the printer itself or the mode you use it in but rather the bundled software.  Try removing all HP printer software and just leave the printer drivers, I think the printer will still work work though you may lose some functionality, at least from the PC.  Perhaps you can still do everything you want from the printer LCD panel instead.  I have tried every fix on the forum and that HP suggested and none of them worked for very long, the problem always returned after a few boots.  I do notice the error is much more likely when the printer is off.  In any case I returned my C6380 today.  Too bad, a nice printer otherwise. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 2
8 8 0 10
Message 40 of 384
Flag Post
HP Recommended

OK guys, let's try this one more time. I tried this right before my last post and I haven't seen the error message since. Just for reference, I have a HP HDX18 with a 64 bit Vista operation system.

Go to START.

Where it says "start search", type in MSCONFIG.

Up at the top of the program box you will se msconfig.exe; click that. When the next box pops up, click on CONTINUE.

The SYSTEM CONFIGURATION box will appear. (Thats the magic part),,,anyway,,,

Click onSTARTUP.

Go down through the list and uncheck the box that says " HP QUICKLAUNCH BUTTONS"

Then click apply down in the corner, then click on OK.

You may need to restart your computer. That should eliminate the error message. It worked for me.

Hope that helps. Let us all know so that we can help each other.

0 Kudos
This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation