cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
    Information
    Know the Benefits of your HP account

Connect with HP support faster, manage all your devices in one place, view warranty information and more– Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
    Information
    Know the Benefits of your HP account

Connect with HP support faster, manage all your devices in one place, view warranty information and more– Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Highlighted
Level 4
141 132 1 8
Message 61 of 384
Flag Post
HP Recommended
Anyone find out anything new on this?
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 1
7 6 0 0
Message 62 of 384
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I was able to have the "escalation team" work on my error issue.  He told me to turn off all items starting with hp in the startup menu.  Pretty much the same as TomR's solution.  When on the phone with ET, we went through the list, and some items he decided I should leave on.  The error did not come up that night, but returned the next day.  So, I went into the msconfig again and turned off two additional hp files, the startup menu items I was told to turn off were:  HP health check scheduler, hpwuschd application, hpqSRmon application and HP Quick Launch buttons.  When the error returned I then turned off HP Wireless Assistant and hp digital imaging - hp all-in-one series.   Once I unchecked the two additional boxes on the 21st I have not had the error return.

I have a hunch it may be the hp digital imaging- hp all-in-one series may be the only one necessary to turn off, but I haven't checked yet. 

The process is click Start, type msconfig in the Start Search box, click on msconfig to open another window (you will be asked if you want to "Continue" first, click Continue.  In the new window click  the Startup tab and the above files will appear in the list, unclick each of them.  Click apply, then ok.  You will probably need to shut down for the changes to take effect.

I am not an expert at this, by any means, but it does drive me crazy when something doesn't work the way it should, particularly when so much money has been spent.

Good Luck!!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 2
35 34 0 2
Message 63 of 384
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Reporting in, The version 12 software has helped but not cured the error on shut down. Instead of happening on every shutdown it happens on about 1 in 5. Overall the the software seems to run better than the 11 series. My PC boots faster also the solution center launches and closes much faster etc.

I found that HP has removed the OCR software from the version 12 software. Not a big deal to me but will be to some.

Other thoughts. HP keeps telling people to disable services etc. This may stop the error on shutdown but it will also break the functionality of the device. So IMO it is not a usable fix. For people willing to loose functionality I think you would be better off using the driver only installer and not the full installer.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 3
61 61 0 17
Message 64 of 384
Flag Post
HP Recommended
i had the same problem with hp c5580 with bluetooth - i used the disc that came with the printer and fully uninstalled the software - then i reinstalled with the disc and went to the hp site and downloaded a critical patch and the latestdrivers - i did not tie in bluetooth because i had similar problems installing a hp bluetooth mouse - sp1 with vista ultimate 64 bit doestnt like bluetooth unless its a microsoft mouse - bill
0 Kudos
Highlighted
1 1 0 0
Message 65 of 384
Flag Post
HP Recommended
Thanks TomR I think I love you (just joking) you recovered the new smell to my computer this solution is great I have an AMD Turion X2 64 bits edition and this worked perfectly thanks again
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 2
8 8 0 10
Message 66 of 384
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I hope it keeps working for you Dalturge. I haven't seen the error message return on my system. Good luck  to you.

PS. I'll take all the love I can get, thanks.lol  

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 12
4,535 4,502 384 1,081
Message 67 of 384
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@TomR wrote:
Ok, here is another fix that I believe will help those of you that are still having this hpqgpc01.exe problem. As I read this thread, most of you, if not all, have 64 bit systems. But you are probably running a 32 bit file system. So lets try this. Load your printer disc in your CD drive, then go to : START, CONTROL PANEL, PRINTER. Then right click on printer and go to properties. Go to SHARING. Click on CHANGE SHARING OPTIONS. Click CONTINUE. Go down to DRIVERS and click on ADDITIONAL DRIVERS.  X64 is the 64 bit driver, but remember that you probably have the files loaded in your X86 file which is 32 bit . Leave the X64 file alone, but click the X86 file. Then close out the program. When you go back, the file should show both the X64 & X86 file as Type 3 User Mode INSTALLED-YES. When you power down the computer you will still see the hpqgpc01.exe file pop up because you will need to restart the computer for the change to take effect. But after that, you shouldn't see the error sign on your next shut down. Hope that helps. Let me know if it works for you.
                                                                                                                                                                     Tom

Thanks Tom, this helped resolve an issue I was working on.

Technical Information (from the Event Viewer😞

Log Name: System
Source: Application Popup
Date: 1/31/2009 10:58:04 AM
Event ID: 26
Task Category: None
Level: Information
Keywords: Classic
User: N/A
Computer: xxxxxx-PC
Description:
Application popup: hpqgpc01.exe - Application Error : The exception unknown software exception (0xc0000005) occurred in the application at location 0x759fbe16.

Click on OK to terminate the program

Event Xml:

0x80000000000000

System
xxxxx-PC

hpqgpc01.exe - Application Error
The exception unknown software exception (0xc0000005) occurred in the application at location 0x759fbe16.

Click on OK to terminate the program

Highlighted
3 2 0 0
Message 68 of 384
Flag Post
HP Recommended
I also have this problem. I am running Vista Pro Home Ed. 64 bit, SP1 on my HP m9500y. I have an HP C4480 printer/scanner connected via USB, and am networking with a pc and Xbox 360 wirelessly.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
1 1 0 0
Message 69 of 384
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi, I am the latest loyal, unfortunate hp consumer to get stranded by hp concerning this error. Have any of you checked out the problem with the " hp customer participation program " portion of the software that came with our printers? In the next paragraph, I will get back to my input on the "hpqgpc01.exe", but .......I first purchased an hp f4210 printer. My computer- a brand new Pavillion a6645f 64bit ( yup, 64......ouch!) immediately began to do strange things and slow down, then ultimately crashed after installing the software. hp tech was not much help, and did not even mention the software error that is now a critical update. Before I found out on my own about this, I finally got a fellow from our homeland who directed me to a level 3 uninstall, but by this time, the damage had required a complete system recovery. hp does not play well with hp? Another reason I will never again be loyal- no more hp for me! I unwittingly tossed the f4210 in the trash (really!) and purchased a new C6380.....I should have known better. The 9th call to tech assured me that I could install the software(also shares the same software errors with the other hp printers) in custom or advanced install, where I unchecked the hpcpp portion. hp software is so concerned with our using and buying info that they are not proofing their software to function properly with even their own products!!!!  Anyway, now they work somewhat, but......

Now it seems that I, too, am joining in the "hpqgpc01.exe Application Error" upon shutdown misery club. This is hopefully not the tip of the iceburg. I have found your blogs to have so much more research and knowledge than the "support"at hp. Nice folks, but we should not have to have these forums. Some of your folks' tips, advice, info...are worthy of salaried hardware and software professionals, and don't think for one second that hp doesn't realize this. It would seem apparent that WE are the ones that are doing the field-testing and trouble shooting of products that clearly were not ready to get to the marketplace. Clearly you can tell by now that I am NOT knowlageable in OS. I simply spent hard-earned money in hp products so that I could be more productive---cripes!

As a computer neophyte, I am getting very frustrated by hp's form of tech support. I have logged well over 7 hours on the phone trying to resolve these issues.....to ...no...solution.......so I started snooping on the large surface area of the disc.......

Have any of you checked out the Device Manager? More specifically, click on Portable Devices. I bet that it shows that a USB CF Card Reader is in need of repair. click on Properties to see more, then read the device status, click on Check for solutions, ( ..let me guess, Windows tells you that the latest drivers are installed for this device?)......try clicking to view Driver Details,  were  I saw 2 Driver Files..... C:\Windows\system32\DRIVERS\UMDF\WpdFs.dll    and...C:\Windows\system32\DRIVERS\WUDFRd.sys

Please note that I found this in the C:\Program Files(x86)\HP\Digital Imaging\bin------does this provide any clue as to why the application error comes up at shut down? 

Thanks so much for putting in all the hard work that hp should be doing to help their cusomers, in the first place. At least some of us care, out there. I gotta go now, I'll try to call hp a few more dozen times this weekend to try to find what they have learned about their horrible software.......

EXCUSE ME AS I SHUT DOWN MY COMPUTER AND ...UGH?....SEE...?........-"hpqgpc01.exe-Application Error....The exception unknown software exception (0xc0000005) occured in the application at location 0x7576be16.....Click on OK to terminate the program"

Wow!  why did I see that coming???

0 Kudos
Highlighted
3 2 0 0
Message 70 of 384
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi whydoesnthpcare,

I fixed the problem by following the instructions of 'kalt'- his/her message is right before mine. I would have tried this in the first place, but was a dork and didn't realize that the forum messages were not in order when I stumbled upon this website, hence I didn't see it. So if you haven't already tried this fix- you may want to.

Good luck!

0 Kudos
This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation