cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Lumenz
3 3 0 0
Message 11 of 384
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

hpqgpc01.exe

Ok slightly premature, just got the error again but this time it was after serveral restarts. The one that made the difference was where I got a "Storage device detected" balloon above the task bar (assuming it belongs to the HP C6380 card reader), then I turned off the printer b efore powering down. I have noticed that I often only get the error after my printer has turned off justbefore I shut down my computer.

Anyway, I think my situation has still improved.

0 Kudos
PeterM
Level 2
15 13 1 1
Message 12 of 384
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

hpqgpc01.exe

For what it's worth, I am getting the same thing with my new C4580 under Windows XP Home (that's 32-bit, isn't it?). It occured when I was trying to run it via a wireless network (and I still can't get that to work - see other postings from me), and also now I have parked the printer on a chair next to the PC and reverted to USB. My PC is also taking some 30 secs longer to start up than it did. Windows Security initially complains that there is no firewall, but it shows up in the end.  That's slightly worrying.  The startup is still slow if I don't let the Digital Monitor run on startup. The hpqgpc01 exception doesn't occur if I don't use the printer at all during a session. Has anyone discovered what hpqgpc01 does?

Peter (UK)

0 Kudos
Highlighted
dubyadubyab
Level 2
35 34 0 2
Message 13 of 384
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

hpqgpc01.exe

I had a feeling these problems were more wide spread. On your slow boot have you tried changing the HP CUE DeviceDiscovery Service from auto to manual in administrative tools\services. On my XP boxes I had to pull the HP Digital Imaging Monitor from startup and change the HP CUE DeviceDiscovery Service from auto to manual to get boot times under control. I got the same firewall warning you we getting at times also. From the testing I have done hpqgpc01.exe is related to the memory card reader. If you stop it from running the card reader still shows up in My Computer but can't be accessed. I just renamed hpqgpc01.exe to hpqgpc01.exe.tst when I was testing. Exactly what it does is any ones guess. Other thoughts. I have never seen the hpqgpc01.exe error on XP 32 bit, only Vista 64 bit. I have never used a USB connection though. Are you using the most recent installer off HP's site? Did you completely remove the printer software from your PC and reset the printer to factory defaults when changing from wireless to USB? Did you follow the install directions for a USB connection exactly? Hope this helps.
0 Kudos
webslinger2256
4 4 0 0
Message 14 of 384
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

hpqgpc01.exe

I also have a problem with the hgqpc01.exe Application error when I turn off my laptop. I have HP Pavillion with Vista 64 bit and I installed the C4580 wireless printer. Thanks for all your input as it gave me insight into the problem. I found that I only get the error when the printer is turned OFF and I never get the error when it is turned ON. Hope this additional info helps.
0 Kudos
Tags (1)
PamC
Level 1
7 6 0 0
Message 15 of 384
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

hpqgpc01.exe

I am running 64 bit as well, have spent hours on the phone with HP support with many solutions offered.  Everything from running a system recovery to installing the 32 bit driver as well.  I am still having the same issue.  The last support call I had, I was told to try shutting down with my new C6380 printer on and off.  It does not matter, I receive the hpqgpc01.exe error either way, but not all the time. 
0 Kudos
Tags (1)
jwood
1 1 0 0
Message 16 of 384
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

hpqgpc01.exe

I have had the same problem.  We just got a new HP 64 bit computer.  My computer would just shut down on me
0 Kudos
Tags (1)
webslinger2256
4 4 0 0
Message 17 of 384
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

hpqgpc01.exe

I am puzzled that HP says it is not their error when the message "Application Error" with an obvious hp exe file plainly tells me the problem is an HP problem.

0 Kudos
ceilingcat
2 1 0 0
Message 18 of 384
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

hpqgpc01.exe

same problem here. I am running Vista Home Premium 64-bit. If HP doesn't fix this soon, I will never buy a printer from them again.

0 Kudos
jjc
Level 1
8 3 1 0
Message 19 of 384
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

hpqgpc01.exe

Good job, Tom! I did what you suggested about installing more drivers and it worked! Thank you! I had to put in my printer CD so it could find the drivers, but it worked.  See Tom's post on 12/07. 
Message Edited by jjc on 12-20-2008 05:51 AM
0 Kudos
alwrmcusn
Level 3
33 23 2 1
Message 20 of 384
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

hpqgpc01.exe

I've been lurking, reading thru the thread. I have an HP dv6929nr Vista HP SP1 64bit and an HP C5580 printer. I also connect from that laptop to the printer via Bluetooth and from my HP Desktop to the printer via USB. I'm going to give the x64/x86 additional drivers a try and hopefully that will take care of the error message for me. Thanks to all for the information given.
HP h9-1350 / Intel i7 3770 / 12GB
Windows 8 / HP w2207 Monitor / Radeon 6870
Keurig ready for a hot cuppa coffee
0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation