cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
launcherboy
1 1 0 0
Message 21 of 384
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

hpqgpc01.exe

Same problem here. Just purchased a laptop with Vista 64, C6380 printer and other accessories from HP.com. You think when you do that, everything would work.

Installed printer using a usb cable and I am getting the same application error when I do a shutdown. Actually the software did not completely install correctly. Got almost to the end and told me the program must shut down. The printer, however seemed to function fine. I uninstalled the software and went to HP's web site and downloaded their drivers specified for Vista 64 bit. Installed the software, got almost finished and it blew up like the first time. Uninstalled the software again and reinstalled. This time when asked during the install what connection type I am going to use, USB or other, I selected an option at the bottom of the screen, "unable to connect printer at this time, complete install and connect printer later." Having done that the software installed completely this time. Thought maybe I had fixed the problem. Did not get the error when I shut down, but did get it the next time I did a shut down.

Emailed HP tech support. They responded by giving me a boiler plate set of things to try which don't make much sense, so I am trying to have them clarify.

Also, called tech support and got the usual hard to understand tech support guy from the other side of the world. After being transfered to the right person three times, the guy tells me he has never heard of this problem. (He has no clue.) I tell him to google the error message. I got a whole page of people describing this problem. He then claims he cannot find anything on google. I had to actually give the the url to this forum. He begins to read some of the comments and of course he is amazed. Begins to thank me profusely for bringing this problem to his attention and promises me over and over again that he will call me back later in the day after he takes this problem up the ladder. It is now three days later and I am no longer waiting for that phone call.

P.S.

I installed the printer on a desktop with XP. NO problems with the install, worked great. Don't know if it is a problem with Vista or Vista 64 bit.

0 Kudos
Frank55555555
1 1 0 0
Message 22 of 384
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

hpqgpc01.exe

On the quick lauch if I exit the HP digital imaging monitor the next time I start and shutdown my laptop I will not get the error. When I do this I do get a box from the digital imaging monitor that says some printer options may not work if I exit the program. I have also got rid of the error by unistalling the HP Photosmart C4480 software. I also got rid of the error by creating a selective start with hpqgpc01.exe unchecked. All above indicates to me that this is a Hp printer software issue. Even with the error everything seems to work, it is just annoying. I do not know yet if not starting the program has affected the printer.

I also had no luck even with the printer department at HP.

0 Kudos
G8torB8
2 2 0 0
Message 23 of 384
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

hpqgpc01.exe

Tom's a GENIUS!!! THIS WORKS!!! I'm referring to installing the x86 driver.  which is about the 9th post to this thread.  I have no idea what installing this driver does, but it somehow got rid of the error message!!   Buy this man a donut!
Message Edited by G8torB8 on 12-29-2008 07:10 PM
Message Edited by G8torB8 on 12-29-2008 07:12 PM
0 Kudos
dubyadubyab
Level 2
35 34 0 2
Message 24 of 384
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

hpqgpc01.exe

Hey G8torB8 care to share your system spec's. OS used including service pack #, Printer model and software version used, how its conneted. I tried this fix and it did nothing as I still have the problem. BTW it would be nice if everyone that posts or has posted in this thread gave their system info so we can figure out whats what.
0 Kudos
G8torB8
2 2 0 0
Message 25 of 384
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

hpqgpc01.exe

I thought it was fixed, but it came back again ARGHHH!!!! HELP!!!!!!
0 Kudos
PamC
Level 1
7 6 0 0
Message 26 of 384
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

hpqgpc01.exe

I have tried many solutions recommended by HP support and nothing has worked to correct the hpqgpc01.exe error.  I found the file and it is set to run in compatability mode for Windows XP Service Pack 2.  there is not a Vista option.  Seems like HP needs to fix this.
0 Kudos
hardwaterfan
Level 1
15 14 0 0
Message 27 of 384
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

hpqgpc01.exe

@momo wrote:

every time i am shutting down my computer, a window pops up saying hpqgpc01.exe-application error.

the exception unknown software exception (oxcoooooo5) location ox7581be16 appears.

unfortunately i join your ranks my friends.

thats all i can really say for now, i dont know how to fix this, the rest of this post is my story. 😉

if it matters, the location on mine is 0x76bdbe16

three days ago i bought this computer and printer. i made a massive jump (to me) from an old machine built in 1997 running 98SE to this one, an HP Pavillion a6620f, which came with Vista SP 1. (64 bit) I bought a printer the same day, figured an HP printer with an HP computer would be the most hassle-free. (LOL) The printer is an HP photosmart c5540 All-in-one.

Bottom line, im getting the same error message on shut down every time.

I have done all the updates to vista, Norton, defender, HP, and Microsoft products.

I havent yet contacted HP but will do so shortly. I am still in the process of transferring stuff from my old computer to this new one. I havent even really used the new one yet. I havent really tried out the printer yet except for the test page. I have the wireless thing for the printer but never plugged it in. The printer is plugged into the tower with an old USB cable from my old scanner,which is fortunate because the new printer didnt come with a cable.

Im suprised that the computer cant turn the printer on, unless im missing something. My old computer could turn on my old (broken) printer, which was an HP 940c i beleive.

I did have some trouble with the installation software at the very end of the process. I kept getting an error window about scripts, something not right. it asked if i wanted to keep displaying them, no matter what i clicked, yes, no, or X the warning box, it kept popping up. never seen that before. i had to quickly X the warning box and then X the installation box to get it to "unlock" everything!! other wise the whole thing was frozen in a loop. not sure if that matters though.

well this is not acceptable to me and none of you as well so hopefully we can get this one figured out. i still have my receipt so i might just take this dud back if it doesnt get resolved within a week or so.

also, i have no wireless equipment, everything is just on the usb cable. i never plugged the bluetooth thing into the printer.

too bad, why is there always some trouble with this stuff??????????? dang it!

i cant think of any more info that might help but if so let me know. i will mark this page on my (least) favorites. 😉

keepin in touch...

George

0 Kudos
hardwaterfan
Level 1
15 14 0 0
Message 28 of 384
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

hpqgpc01.exe

this was the response i got from HP. will this help?

Dear George,

Thank you for contacting HP Total Care.

I am Nancy from HP All-in-one E-mail Support Team, replying in regard to your query on  HP Photosmart C5540 All-in-One Printer. It is my pleasure to assist you.

I understand from your E-mail that you get an error message "The exception unknown software exception oxc000005 and OX7635be16" is being displayed on the computer when you shut down the computer. I regret for the inconvenience caused to you, I appreciate that you have forwarded us your concerns and that you have given us an opportunity to assist you in this regard.

However, let me assure you my complete attention and support until the time your issue is resolved.

Issue Cause:
===========
This issue could occur due to software conflicts. I seek your kind cooperation to resolve it.

George, To resolve the issue I request you perform the below steps:

Solution Summary:
=================
1. Remove HP entries from the startup folder
2. Remove HP entries from Msconfig
Check the functionality. If the issue persists, perform the steps listed below:
3. Un-install partially pre-loaded All-in-One software
4. Uninstall .Net Framework software, if any
5. Delete all of the temporary files on the computer
6. Download and install the Microsfot.Net Frame Work
7. Install latest All-in-One software from HP web-site

Solutin I :
========

Step 1: Remove HP entries from the startup folder
=-==-==-==-==-==-==-==-==-==-==-==-==-==
I request you to follow the steps given below to remove HP entries from the startup folder.

NOTE: These steps can be performed only when logged on to the computer as administrator.

1. Right-click Start, and then click Open all users.

2. Double-click the Programs folder.

3. Double-click the Startup folder to open its contents.

4. Right-click the all-in-one entry and select delete from the shortcut menu.

5. Repeat the steps 4 until all the files you want to removed are deleted.

Step 2: Remove HP entries from Msconfig
=-==-==-==-==-==-==-==-==-==-==-==
I request you to follow the steps given below to remove the entries from Msconfig.

*  Click Start, Run.

*  Type MSCONFIG, click Ok.

*  Click Startup up tab.

*  Uncheck all the HP program listings.

*  Click Apply and Click Ok.

*  If requested restart the computer.

Please check the functionality. If the issue persists, proceed with below steps:

Solution II:
===========

Step 1: Un-install partially pre-loaded All-in-One software
=-==-==-==-==-==-==-==-==-==-==-==-==-==-==-==
George, I request you to follow the instructions given below to un-install any partially pre-loaded All-in-One software:

1. Click Start, Control Panel and double-click Programs and features.
2. If there is an entry relating to one of the printers, select it, then click Change/Remove.
3. Follow the dialog and "uninstall all" or "remove all" as appropriate.

Some "printer software" have programs that show up here and it will be a good idea to remove those before going any further.

Here are the list of softwares to be removed:

HP Imaging device functions
HP Document Viewer
HP Photosmart Essential
HP Image Zone
HP Photo and imaging gallery
HP Photosmart, Officejet, Deskjet, or Scanjet, (with product name and software version number)
HP Software update
HP Share to web
HP Solution Center
HP Director
HP Memories disk
Greeting Card Creator 32

Step 2: Uninstall .Net Framework software, if any
=-==-==-==-==-==-==-==-==-==-==-==-==-==-==-=
Please perform the instructions listed below to un-install .Net framework software:

1. Click Start, Control Panel and double-click Programs and features.
2. If there is an entry relating to .Net Framework, select it, then click Change/Remove.
3. Follow the dialog and "uninstall all" or "remove all" as appropriate.

Step 3: Delete all of the temporary files on the computer
=-==-==-==-==-==-==-==-==-==-==-==-==-==-=
1. Click the Start button.

2. In the Start Search box, type temp , and then press Enter.

NOTE:  If the User Account Control window appears, click Continue. 

3. Click Organize.

4. Click Select All.

5. With the files still selected, click Organize , and then click Delete to delete all of the files in the temp folder.

6. Close the temp folder.

Step 4: Download and install the Microsfot.Net Frame Work
=-==-==-==-==-==-==-==-==-==-==-==-==-==-==-==-=
Please install Microsfot.Net Frame Work 1.1 from the following web-link:

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyId=333325FD-AE52-4E35-B531-508D977D32A6&displa...

Note: Please copy the link from " http " to "  displaylang=en  " and paste in the address bar of your browser and press Enter.

Step 5: Install latest All-in-One software from HP web-site
=-==-==-==-==-==-==-==-==-==-==-==-==-==-==-==
Download and install Vista compatible All-in-One software for your All-in-One from the following website:

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareDownloadIndex?softwareitem=mp-61479-3&lc=en&dlc=en&cc=us&...

NOTE: Once you click on the URL the document should open. However, if it indicates as invalid please copy the entire URL starting from "http" to "os=2100" and paste in the address bar of internet explorer and then press enter.

Installation Steps :
--------------------
Please perform the following steps to download and install the All-in-One software:

CAUTION: Do not connect the product to the computer until prompted to do so by the installation program.

* Please disable any antivirus/firewall before installation of the All-in-One software.

1. Open the website provided above and click on the Download Only button and a File Download box will appear.
2. Select Save and a Save As box will appear.
3. Select a directory to save the file in and click Save.
4. After the file download has finished, locate the file using Windows Explorer.
5. Double-click on the file to start the software installation.
6. Follow the on-screen software installation instructions.

Now,check the functionality.This should resolve the issue.

However,if you experience any issues while downloading then please get back with the information requested in the last part of the mail so that we can ship you a new software installation CD for free of cost .

please provide us the following information for free CD Shipment process:

*  Name:
*  Organization:
*  Mailing Address (No P.O. Boxes):
*  Apartment/Building/Mailstop:
*  City:
*  State/Province:
*  Zip/Postal Code:
*  Phone Number (including area code):

Product Information:

*  Product Serial Number (ex: my12345678):

For illustrated information on locating the serial number, please visit the below HP Web site:

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/genericDocument?lc=en&cc=us&docname=c00039556

NOTE:  Clicking the link may give an error indicating it is invalid. If this occurs, copy the portion of the addres on the remaining ine(s) and paste it at the end of the address showing in your browser until the complete address is displayed in the Address box.

George, I believe that the information is helpful. If you need any further technical assistance or if you have any questions then kindly get back to us.  I will be at your service.

I wish to take this opportunity to thank you for being one of our most valued customers.

Wishing you a great year filled with happiness & good cheer.

Sincerely,

Nancy
HP Total Care

0 Kudos
TomR
Level 2
8 8 0 10
Message 29 of 384
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

hpqgpc01.exe

Hello All,

I have been messing around with the information provided to hardwaterfan and, at least cocerning my 64 bit system and my C6300 printer goes, I used the following procedure and it seems to have corrected the error messeage for me. It appears to me to be a problem with the HP Solution Center load-at-startup program. I have shut down my computer approximately 30 times since I made these adjustments and the message has not shown up again. You can still open up the HP Solution Center from your desktop, it just won't load at start-up. Hope this will help, and as always, please share your results with the rest of us HP problem solving non-paid customers. 

1. Right-click Start, and then click Open all users.

2. Double-click the Programs folder.

3. Double-click the Startup folder to open its contents.
4. Right-click the HP all-in-one entry and select delete from the shortcut menu.

5. Click Start. (On Vista, type MSCONFIG in the "start search" box right below All Programs. The MSCONFIG will appear as a program, click on it, then click continue.

6. Click Startup up tab.

8. I unchecked "hpqSRmon", the " HP wireless assistant", and the "HPQuick Launch Buttons"

9.Click Apply and Click Ok.

I then restarted the computer.

Good Luck!!!

0 Kudos
Tags (1)
hardwaterfan
Level 1
15 14 0 0
Message 30 of 384
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

hpqgpc01.exe

TomR, and everyone as well:

i have a 64 bit system and an HP 5540 printer.

i have done nothing else except for part of TomR's procedure above.

in steps 1 through 4, i unchecked the one program, which was the Digital imaging monitor program for the printer. The icon at the lower right tool bar (by the clock) is now gone.

in step 8, i could only see one of the three things that are listed. "hpqSRmon" i unchecked it and hit apply.

so far i have shut the computer down twice and the error message has not appeared!

i will definitely keep in touch here on this thread.

TomR, thanks for the advice.

George

0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation