cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Eeyore
Level 4
84 58 7 6
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post

Solved!

hptoolbox will not respond

HP Recommended

The other day hptoolbox  failed on start up.  Wasn't worried.  Now it starts, but I have no way to access.  If I start via start menu, another process starts, but no windows open.  Can't find any logs, so have no idea how to investigate.

Does this process really do anything that accessing my printer via it's URL doesn't?  If not, maybe I should give it the burial that this buggy software richly deserves.

Windows 7, HP laptop, printer cp1525nw.

Thank you

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Eeyore
Author
Level 4
84 58 7 6
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Well since this post hasn't been responded to, might as well use as an excuse to give my self a kudos.  Discovered my printer had somehow disappeared from laptop.  Reinstalled, and all now well with world.

If only toolbox could have issued some sort of diagnostic, but....

View solution in original post

Was this reply helpful? Yes No
3 REPLIES 3
Eeyore
Author
Level 4
84 58 7 6
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I just remembered a while ago I switched it to show notifications only.  I innocently thought I could start it my self if I wanted to use it.  Could it be stuck in that mode?  Any way to change back?  I changed task bar configuration back, but still no go.

Eeyore
Author
Level 4
84 58 7 6
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Well since this post hasn't been responded to, might as well use as an excuse to give my self a kudos.  Discovered my printer had somehow disappeared from laptop.  Reinstalled, and all now well with world.

If only toolbox could have issued some sort of diagnostic, but....

View solution in original post

Eeyore
Author
Level 4
84 58 7 6
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Wow,

Talking to myself even got me a promotion "Eeyore, Congratulations on becoming a "Teacher" in our community! Thanks for your participation in the HP Support Forum, keep the conversation going! For more information click ....".

🙂

Tags (1)
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation