cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Beccabuilder Honor Student
Honor Student
4 3 0 0
Message 1 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

i am having trouble printing from and scanning to an ipad with the officejet pro 8600

The iPad works off and on when scanning from the HP officejet 8600 and when printing to the HP officejet 8600. I have an iPad 2 running on iOS 5.1.1
0 Kudos
7 REPLIES 7
Master's Graduate
Master's Graduate
431 313 30 49
Message 2 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

i am having trouble printing from and scanning to an ipad with the officejet pro 8600

Hi Beccabuilder,

What router do you have? This sounds like a router/ network connectivity issue..
I was an HP employee.

Reminder: Please select the "Accept as Solution" button on the post that best answers your question. Also, you may select the "Kudos" button on any helpful post to give that person a quick thanks.
0 Kudos
Honor Student
4 3 0 0
Message 3 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

I sont have a router. I am able to connect to the wireless feature on the printer. Not sure how this works, the rest of the time I'm on a 3G connection on my iPad.
0 Kudos
Master's Graduate
Master's Graduate
431 313 30 49
Message 4 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

Hi Beccabuilder,

If you are connecting directly to the printer with the iPad, this type of connection is known as an adhoc connection. This connection is sporadic at best. There will be times when your connection will not work and you will have to reconnect the device to the printer etc.. It is recommended to use a wireless router when attempting to print and or scan from a wireless device.
I was an HP employee.

Reminder: Please select the "Accept as Solution" button on the post that best answers your question. Also, you may select the "Kudos" button on any helpful post to give that person a quick thanks.
0 Kudos
Honor Student
4 3 0 0
Message 5 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

Ok. I don't have trouble getting a connection, but the problem is that the scanning jobs and printing jobs do not complete. Would you consider this to be a connection issue? Other people using their own ipads on my printer are not having issues.
0 Kudos
Master's Graduate
Master's Graduate
431 313 30 49
Message 6 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

Beccabuilder,

Large documents can also cause this problem VIA adhoc. Also, are the others using the same iOS version?
I was an HP employee.

0 Kudos
Honor Student
4 3 0 0
Message 7 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

No. I am on 5.1.1 and the others were on an older version.
0 Kudos
Master's Graduate
Master's Graduate
431 313 30 49
Message 8 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

Thank you for the information. This is mostly likely the cause of your problem. We've noticed with some of the iOS updates that certain features will not work, or work differently than before. I believe your best option at this point would be to purchase a low cost wireless N router. Sorry for your troubles!
I was an HP employee.

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation