cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
smitty83hp
4 3 0 0
Message 1 of 7
Flag Post

Solved!

i can not enable web services after connecting my hp1415fnw? i am connected to a wired network

HP Recommended

I recently purchased a hp CM1415fnw.  I'm connected to a wired network, can print to the printer, can ping it but when I go to the Enable Web Service page I can not enable web services.

0 Kudos
6 REPLIES 6
Cole_M
Level 6
Level 6
438 438 51 86
Message 2 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hello smitty83hp,

If the printer is on a home network, or at least a smaller network:

1. Power your printer off.
  2. Unplug the router.
  3. Plug the router in and allow to power on fully.
  4. Power your printer on.
  5. Enable Web Service.

Have you made any manual settings for the printer's network information, like a manual IP Address?

If I have solved your issue, please feel free to provide kudos and make sure you mark this thread as solution provided!

Although I work for HP, my posts and replies are my own opinion and not those of HP.
0 Kudos
smitty83hp
Author
4 3 0 0
Message 3 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

no changes, i can still print to printer, ping it but can't enable web services.  No changes to the router have been made.

0 Kudos
Cole_M
Level 6
Level 6
438 438 51 86
Message 4 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

smitty83hp,

You can set a manual IP address to assist in connecting to the Web Services:

1. Print a Configuration Report from the printer.
    1. Press the wrench icon.
    2. Select Reports Menu.
    3. Select Network Summary
  2. Enter the IPv4 Address into the address bar of an internet browser and press Enter, this should load a page about your printer.
  3. Click on the Networking tab.
  4. Click on IPv4 Configuration on the left-hand side.
  5. Click on Manual for the configuration type
  6. Enter the same information as the Network Summary page into IP Address (IPv4 Address).
  7. The Subnet Mask, Default Gateway, and WINS Server should stay populated with the same information that was in there for Automatic.
  8. Enter the Default Gateway value into the Preferred DNS Server field and enter 8.8.8.8 into the Alternate DNS Server field.
    *Note- if you are on a domain, you may have your own unique DNS Server values needing to be input in these fields. 
If I have solved your issue, please feel free to provide kudos and make sure you mark this thread as solution provided!

Although I work for HP, my posts and replies are my own opinion and not those of HP.
0 Kudos
smitty83hp
Author
4 3 0 0
Message 5 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended
still no changes. AFter i made the above changes, i went through a power down on the printer as well but still cant connect to the web services.
0 Kudos
Cole_M
Level 6
Level 6
438 438 51 86
Message 6 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

smitty83hp,

When you are on the web server for your printer:

1. Click on the Web Services tab.
  2. Click on Proxy Settings
  3. Unless your Internet Service Provider has a Proxy Server that you are aware of, the check box should be unchecked and the Server and Port fields should be blank.
  4. Enable Web Services from the main page of the Web Services tab.

smitty83hp
Author
4 3 0 0
Message 7 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thanks, I believe the last step worked.  THe box was unchecked but there was data in the blocks.  I erased them and went back to Web Serv. page, clicked enabled and it worked.  Appreicate your help, Smitty

0 Kudos
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation