Ask questions. Help others.
The HP Community is here for you.
Post new question
Question

Note on archived topics.
This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here, or click on "Post new question" above and select the appropriate board.
Honor Student
Message 1 of 3 (7,683 Views)
Accepted Solution

i have the hp photosmart c4780 that won't print from the computer

I have a HP Photosmart C4780 that will scan documents, pictures and will copy just fine, however when I want to print something from my computer it will not print it. It will send scanned things to the appropriate file fine as well. I ran the diagnostics, reloaded the start-up disc, and it says it's just fine. My operating system is Windows Vista.

0 Kudos
Accepted Solution

Re: i have the hp photosmart c4780 that won't print from the computer

How is the printer connected?  What happens when you send print jobs to the printer - do they stay in the print queue or just disappear?  Are there any error messages? 

Running the diagnostics at http://www.hp.com/go/tools may help resolve the issue.

View solution in context
Provost
Message 2 of 3 (7,660 Views)

How is the printer connected?  What happens when you send print jobs to the printer - do they stay in the print queue or just disappear?  Are there any error messages? 

Running the diagnostics at http://www.hp.com/go/tools may help resolve the issue.

Bob Headrick,  HP Expert

I am not an employee of HP, I am a volunteer posting here on my own time.

If your problem is solved please click the "Accept as Solution" button ------------V

If my answer was helpful please click the "Thumbs Up" to say "Thank You"--V

Honor Student
Message 3 of 3 (7,654 Views)

Thanks Bob for your reply, I basically ended up removing all the programming for this printer and starting from square one with the disc. I think the problems may have come when we added a actual photo printer onto the computer. Again thank you for your help and I will keep this forum on if I ever have problems again...

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation