Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
WieWillie Honor Student
Honor Student
2 0 0
Message 1 of 13
Flag Post
HP Recommended

iMac OS X 10.9.3 Scan to iMac Driver for HP OfficeJet Pro 8500A A910a does not seem to exist.

HP Printer utility shows no Scan Settings for Scan to iMac computer for OS X 10.9.3 and as a result will not scan. Scan to network folder has an encription block (and if it is anything like Vista it probably will not work anyway). Scan to E-mail is largly crippled at this point, but would be to aquard to be practical. So the one function I should have that I have on Vista does not seem to exist on iMac at least at this level. Anyone got any ideas on how to get this scanner of the ground for iMac?

0 Kudos
12 REPLIES 12
Highlighted
Retired
Retired
17328 897 2520
Message 2 of 13
Flag Post
HP Recommended

iMac OS X 10.9.3 Scan to iMac Driver for HP OfficeJet Pro 8500A A910a does not seem to exist.

Hi WieWillie,

I can help you scan to your Mac running 10.9.3. 

There is no full feature software and driver available from HP, but the OS X v10.9 Mavericks driver for your printer is available through Apple Software Update (ASU).

With this driver you can still print and scan, you just wont have HP software to scan from. Scanning to the computer from the printer control panel is only available when using HP Scan software, thus it will not work because there is no HP scan software as apart of the Apple Software Update driver.

Instead, you can scan using,

• Method one: Scan from the Print & Scan window   

• Method two: Scan from Apple Preview

• Method three: Scan from Apple Image Capture 

I hope this helps. If you have any additional questions are have any difficulty using any of these methods, please let me know what method you are trying and what the issue/error is. You may also find the following document helpful; OS X v10.9 Mavericks: Installing and Using the Printer on a Mac

Sunshyn2005
I work on behalf of HP

If you found this post helpful, you can let others know by clicking the Accept as Solution button. You can also show your appreciation, with a kudos, by clicking the thumbs up" button!

Tags (1)
BRHuffman Honor Student
Honor Student
3 0 0
Message 3 of 13
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Very nice videos. When I open Prnters & Scanners I don't see Scan to as an option. How can that be?

0 Kudos
WieWillie Honor Student
Honor Student
2 0 0
Message 4 of 13
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thanku 4 ur interest, but do to the simple fact that the iMac driver will not/or has not downloaded all the the videos u sent me are not usible.  Sorry but I tried all this before, then tried it again and still no go. I seen this solution some time before it did not work then and it does not work now. If u could show me how to download the driver since "Apple Software Update or ASU " will not supply it for some reason. So I cann't scan from "Print & Scan window" or "Apple Preview" or "Apple Image Capture ". Sorry to say any other ideas would still be appreciated. Thanks.

0 Kudos
Retired
Retired
17328 897 2520
Message 5 of 13
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi folks,

Please try the following steps and let me know how it works out.

Reset Printing System

1. Click the Apple icon (   ), and then click System Preferences.
  2. In the Hardware section, click Print & Fax/Scan. The Print & Fax/Scan  dialog box opens.
  3. Right-click (or  Ctrl  +click) in the left panel, and then click Reset printing system…
  4. Click OKto confirm the reset.
  5. Type the correct Name and Password.
  6. Click OK to reset the printing system. The Print & Fax dialog box shows no printer selected
Note: This will remove all printers in the print and Fax/Scan, any printer removed can be re-added later by clicking the plus (+) symbol.

Repair Disk Permissions
  1. On the Dock, click Applications, and then click Utilities.
  2. Double-clickDisk Utility.
  3. Highlight your hard drive/partition on the left (by default this is "Macintosh HD").
  4. Click the Repair Disk Permissions button at the bottom of the window.

Once the repair is complete, restart the computer and download and install the HP Printer Drivers for OS X.

Now when you add the printer, you should have the HP driver to choose, do not select the AirPrint driver.

1. Select Add other Printer or Scanner  
    2. Select the printer you are adding and next to 'Use' you can the printer driver 

I hope this helps.

Sunshyn2005
I work on behalf of HP

If you found this post helpful, you can let others know by clicking the Accept as Solution button. You can also show your appreciation, with a kudos, by clicking the thumbs up" button!

Saturdat Honor Student
Honor Student
2 0 0
Message 6 of 13
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Your instructions work for setting up the printer function of the HP Lasejet M1217mf, but the scan function does not work with OS X
0 Kudos
Retired
Retired
17328 897 2520
Message 7 of 13
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi Saturdat,

I see you are able to print but still can not scan. What happens when you try scanning and from what applications have you tried?

Can you post a screenshot so that I can better understand what happens when you try scanning?

* How to take a screenshot on a Mac.        *  How to post a picture on the HP Forums.

Sunshyn2005
I work on behalf of HP

0 Kudos
Saturdat Honor Student
Honor Student
2 0 0
Message 8 of 13
Flag Post
HP Recommended

0 Kudos
gardonnias Honor Student
Honor Student
3 0 0
Message 9 of 13
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hello

I've the same exact problem...

I've tried everything you adviced above...

No solution to scan with this great HP printer, really ?

Please help !

Capture d’écran 2014-08-23 à 10.37.09.png

0 Kudos
gardonnias Honor Student
Honor Student
3 0 0
Message 10 of 13
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I might precise this is about the HP photosmart B110.

0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation