cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents and videos on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents and videos on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
The HP Calculator Community Message Board is moving. While we prepare for the move, we are unable to accept new postings. During the move, you can look for help from other users by visiting https://www.hpmuseum.org/ . Or if you need technical support for your calculator visit: HP Calculators. .
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
SandyR41
3 2 0 0
Message 1 of 5
Flag Post

Solved!

iMac can't connect to 7520 printer (wired) - after six months of working fine.

HP Recommended

My Photosmart 7520 has worked fine for six months - wired to iMac, wireless to Mac Book and iPad.

Suddenly, the iMac to which it is wired, cannot connect to it.  So, of course, the other devices in the house cannot connect wirelessly either.

1.  Total shutdown didn't help.  In printers, sometimes it showed yellow light, sometimes showed green and idle....but sending print jobs made it revert to "cannot connect".

2.  Deleted the printer from the list, and since the iMac can't find it, I now have nothing.

3.  I cannot do a printer reset because I will lose the driver to my old Perfection 2400 scanner.

I have never been able to activate web services.  Does that have something to do with it?

Help. Sandy

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
VancDarkstar
Level 3
Level 3
32 15 1 5
Message 2 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi Sandy,

Sorry to hear that there are some issues with your connecting to the HP Photosmart 7520 printer.  If you don't mind could you please answer a few questions that might help me to understand what might be going on.

The Photosmart 7520 printer doesn't have an Ethernet port (wired network), so by 'wired' I'm going to assume that you mean that the printer is connected to your iMac via a USB cable.  The first thing that I'd like to have you try is to unplug the USB cable from the back of the printer and plug it back in, and then do the same on the back of the iMac.  I know that sometimes because of the angle of the cables, they can be loosend.  See if the iMac can then 'see' the printer.

You can delete the printer from the System Preferences, Printers and Scanners, by selecting the printer in the left-hand side list, and then pressing the minus key at the bottom of the list.  This should in no way affect whether or not your Epson Perfection 2400 is still configured in your PC.

Can you please tell me if your iMac is attached to the network (access point) as your MacBook and iPAD?

When you use your iPAD to print, does it 'see' the printer (can you select it or does it show up by name)?

Finally, if you press on the wireless icon on the front-panel of the printer, it should display the IP address of the printer.  From you MacBook when it's connected to your wireless network, please open Safari, and type in http:// and the address that the printer showed you.  Does Safari open the printer's Web page or give you an error?

Thanks,

VancDarkstar

I am an employee of Hewlett-Packard

I am an HP employee

View solution in original post

Was this reply helpful? Yes No
4 REPLIES 4
VancDarkstar
Level 3
Level 3
32 15 1 5
Message 2 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi Sandy,

Sorry to hear that there are some issues with your connecting to the HP Photosmart 7520 printer.  If you don't mind could you please answer a few questions that might help me to understand what might be going on.

The Photosmart 7520 printer doesn't have an Ethernet port (wired network), so by 'wired' I'm going to assume that you mean that the printer is connected to your iMac via a USB cable.  The first thing that I'd like to have you try is to unplug the USB cable from the back of the printer and plug it back in, and then do the same on the back of the iMac.  I know that sometimes because of the angle of the cables, they can be loosend.  See if the iMac can then 'see' the printer.

You can delete the printer from the System Preferences, Printers and Scanners, by selecting the printer in the left-hand side list, and then pressing the minus key at the bottom of the list.  This should in no way affect whether or not your Epson Perfection 2400 is still configured in your PC.

Can you please tell me if your iMac is attached to the network (access point) as your MacBook and iPAD?

When you use your iPAD to print, does it 'see' the printer (can you select it or does it show up by name)?

Finally, if you press on the wireless icon on the front-panel of the printer, it should display the IP address of the printer.  From you MacBook when it's connected to your wireless network, please open Safari, and type in http:// and the address that the printer showed you.  Does Safari open the printer's Web page or give you an error?

Thanks,

VancDarkstar

I am an employee of Hewlett-Packard

I am an HP employee

View solution in original post

SandyR41
Author
3 2 0 0
Message 3 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thanks for your help......

1.  I unplugged the USB cable at both ends - the iMac can't see the printer

2. Deleted the printer on the iMac.  It only shows as the fax which I had not deleted, not the printer.

3. The MacBook Pro message is "Printer is not connected.  The job shows "Printing - looking for printer"

4.  I do not understand the next step re." iMac is attached to the networks(access point)......"

5. The iPad can see the printer but the queue shows message  "No AirPrint Printers Found"

6.  Inserting the printer IP address into the iMac Safari will not load - blue band goes to end of numbers and just sits there.  Then says Safari can't open the page.

Sandy

SandyR41
Author
3 2 0 0
Message 4 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Finally, unplugged everything and replugged.  Key was to use a different USB port on my USB hub.  It appears that the one I had been using was dead.

It now works just fine!  Thanks so much for suggesting testing the plugs.  I just hadn't taken it that next step.

Thanks, Sandy

VancDarkstar
Level 3
Level 3
32 15 1 5
Message 5 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thanks Sandy.  I'm glad that the problem was resolved!

VancDarkstar

I am an HP employee
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation