Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
HP Envy 7640
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

I frequently use the snipping tool to select a portion of an image or a paragraph of information and then copy it to a word document or into an email.  My new HP Envy 7640 cuts off the image when printing it.  It worked fine with my HP C5100 printer. I can save what I copied as a jpg but that is an extra step to go find it and insert it. 

10 REPLIES 10
HP Recommended

Hey @CDWG,

Welcome to the HP forums!

I understand that you are experiencing issues with cut off images on your Windows 7 PC before printing to your Envy 7640. I can help you with that, however I am not quite sure what program you are using that has your snipping tool. If you let me know what program you are using I can make sure we get you pointed in the right direction to resolve this.

~DocCottle
I work on behalf of HP

Please click “Accept as Solution ” below the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution.

Please click the Thumbs up icon below to say “Thanks” for helping!
HP Recommended

I am using the snipping tool that is part of Microsoft Windows 7. Thank you for your help.

snipping.jpg

HP Recommended

Hi there,

I just bought a new HP Officejet Pro 8610 that has this same issue. It happens with images snipped by "Capture Screenshot lite" and also with "PrintKey2000". I could not find the solution in this topic. Can you please share the solution with me?

Kind regards,

Martin

HP Recommended

Sorry, but this issue was never resolved.  The only easy fix I found was to save the "snip" as a .jpg and then copy it into the document.

HP Recommended

This is just another reason I will not be purchasing an HP product the next time. ! 

HP Recommended

Besides, I just tried your solution and it still doesn't work.  HP is just plain useless.

HP Recommended

Simply cut more ont the right so you can see teh whole image in Word.  Shrink page size (Ctrl mouse button down) to get while space on right.

HP Recommended

Tried that - it still enlarges whatever's there & cuts off 25% on right side and bottom. Same when I try to insert instead of cut-and-paste. HP driver somewhere is screwy.

HP Recommended

It has been so long since this problem was first posted that I am now using Windows 10.  The fix that works for me is to save the "capture" to your desktop (.jpg) then in word "insert picture" from desktop.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.