Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
deskjet 4515

Six weeks ago I arrived in Belgium after living in Mumbai for 2 years. As my printer broke down there, I was forced to buy a new one. AT that time, the cartridges required for the printer in Europe aswell as in India. So I picked that specific printer.

Now that I'm here, my cartridge is empty and not available on the market by that number (black, 678, color).

I checked the website of HP and they said I could use a 650 here in Europe. So I ordered it, put it inside and now Im getting the message it is not compatible?! I can not use the printer unless I take it out.

So I need to know what to do next, as I already wasted a lot of money on this cartridge and I have no clue how to get into contact with HP.

I have a HP deskjet ink advantage 4515. Hopefully you can help me out!

Kind regards,

Anna

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@Anna34

Let me take a moment to thank you for posting on the HP Support Forums. 

I understand that you have an HP Deskjet Ink Advantage 4515 e-All-in-One Printer. I read that the printer worked fine initially with the HP 678 cartridges But now that you're in Belgium (Europe), the printer does not accept the HP 650 cartridges. Not worry, I'll do my best to help you. 

I would like to know the following information to assist you better:

• Do you still have the older cartridges that were purchased in Mumbai?
  • What operating system and what version of the operating system are you using? (like Win7, Win8, Mac OS Yosemite, Mac OS Sierra, etc.)?
  • Do you have the USB cable to connect the printer to the computer?
  • Are the full featured drivers installed on your computer for this printer? If not then you may download and install them via this link.

I need these details because I can check if your printer can be regionalized to Europe. The cartridges are different for different regions like North America, Asia Pacific and 

Europe, Middle East & Africa. Once the printer is regionalized to Europe, you should be able to use the European cartridges for your printer.

Please feel free to reply. Cheers! 🙂

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.