Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Where can I download the INF file for adding client print drivers to a Microsoft Windows 2012 R2 Print Server?

Already, I have the two install files for the client OS, but I cannot find the INF file.

OJ8710_Basicx64_1881.exe

OJ8710_Full_WebPack_1881.exe

Unsupported operating system is the error returned by these installers, when used on Windows Server 2012 R2.

Print Manager allows me to add print drivers. I'm looking for the INF file to use here.

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

Hi,

Thanks for using the HP Forums.

Can you try this:

Once we have downloaded the full software package for Officejet 8710, double-click to run it (it’ll extract to a “Temp” folder) and the startup screen will appear.  You can use Task manager to end the Startup screen.

3.      Go to your Temp folder.  From Explorer type “ %Temp% “

4.      The extracted folder name should start with 7zS***** in the TEMP directory, check the “Date Modified” to go to the latest folder (that is if you have a lot of downloaded drivers)

5.      In the (7zS***** ) folder, under the root directory, you should be able to see some files with *.INF (type is Setup Information)

6.      Take note of path for this directory

Hope that helps!

I am an HP Employee. Although I am speaking for myself and not for HP.
Click Helpful = Yes to say Thank You.
Question / Concern Answered, Click "Accept as Solution"

HP Recommended

@greenturtle, yes there was a 7zS51AD folder in %TEMP% with the following INF files after I killed the HP-DQEX5.exe (32 bit) process.

Autorun.inf
HPWia_OJ8710.INF
HPRestStub.INF
hpygid18.inf
hpygid18_v4.inf
XPV/hpygid60.inf
HPWinUSBStub.INF

Do you know, which INF is for each of the following purposes?

print driver

scanner driver

fax driver

HP Recommended

HI,

We can confirm the following:

HPWia_OJ8710.INF    - Scanner driver

hpygid18_v4.inf  - Print driver

Not too sure about the rest.  

Let us know if that helps!

HP Recommended

Print Manager (Windows Server 2012 R2) is returning and error, when added the hpygid18_v4.inf as a driver.

Unable to install HP OfficeJet Pro 8710 PCL-3, Type 4 - User Mode, x64 driver.

The system cannot find the file specified.

HP Recommended

HI,

Windows Server is not listed as a supported OS for the printer from hp.com.

Which OS did you choose when you were downloading and extracting the .inf files?  Win 10?

Can you try downloading Win 7 FULL feature software and then repeat the process again and see if it accepts the files?

Do note that as it's listed as a supported OS, the use of the print dirver on Server OS is not guranteed to be free from bugs.

Thanks.

HP Recommended

There is a driver in same HP family. Already, it is installed with Windows Server 2012 R2, so I'm using the following:

HP Officejet Pro 8600 Class Driver

Please re-read my original post. I wanted an INF for adding the 8710 to this pre-installed list of drivers.  But this 8600 built-in driver appears to be working okay.

HP Recommended

HI @tonygallo10

Thanks for the feadback.

Glad to hear that the Officejet Pro 8600 drivers is working.  However, as per our last question, was the original .inf file that shows the error pulled from teh Win 10 drivers?

You should be able to pull the .inf files from Win 7 for Officejet Pro 8710 and use it as well.

Win 10 uses V4 drivers while Win 7 uses V3 drivers.  (Officejet Pro 8600 uses V3 drivers, that's why it wasn't rejected)

Hope that clarifies.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.