cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
heuer1
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

ink cartige incompatabl

HP Recommended
hp drskjet 3056a
Mac OS X 10.6 Snow Leopard

i have a hp deskjet 3056a printer  and i just put in a  hp 61 ink cartrige  color and it says its incompatable with the printer

and the printer takes hp 61 ink cartriges can you tell me whats wong

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
TaraC
Level 8
Level 8
697 690 54 286
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi heuer1,

Sorry to hear about the error message on your HP Deskjet 3056a.  This error can happen for a variety of reasons.   Are you using a genuine HP ink cartridge, or a refilled cartridge?  Not judging either way, but you may get this error with a refilled cartridge.  

There are other causes though....this HP support document can help walk you through some troubleshooting steps.  Can you give that a try?

Thanks!

Tara

I am an HP employee. I am speaking for myself and not for HP.
0 Kudos
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation