cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
wbill2
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 7
Flag Post

ink cartridge error message "the following ink cartridge must be replaced"

HP Recommended
HP okfficejet 4630
Mac OS X 10.9 Mavericks

Each time I replace an ink cartridge IO get some sort of error message and usually end up calling HP for help.  This time after replacing the black cartridge the message is "the following ink cadrtridge must be replaced".  I have tried removing and reinserting the cartridge, wiping the cartridge contacts off with damp coffe filter and unplugging the printer for 60 seconds.  These steps were suggested by HP but none helped solve the problem.  HP is sending a new cartridge.  I just received cartridge I am trying to use the end of April.  I am on the instant ink program.  Any suggestgions would be appreciated.  -WBILL2

0 Kudos
6 REPLIES 6
RnRMusicMan
Retired
Retired
14,802 13,833 749 1,784
Message 2 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi @wbill2,

Welcome to the HP Forums!

I see that you are getting the error, "the following ink cartridge must be replaced." With your HP Officejet 4630 printer. I am happy to help you with this issue!

Please, review the steps within this guide, A 'Cartridge Missing,' 'Cartridge Problem,' or 'Incompatible Ink Cartridges' Error Message Displays ..., to make sure that no steps were missed.

Otherwise, the next step would be a replacement ink cartridge. If the replacement ink cartridge does not work, then the printer may need to be serviced. Please call HP’s Cloud Services at 855-785-2777. If you live outside the US/Canada Region, please click the link below to get the support number for your region. Country-language selector.

Hope this information helps, and have a good day! :generic:

“Please click the Thumbs up icon below to thank me for responding.”

RnRMusicMan
I work on behalf of HP

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" to say “Thanks” for helping!

0 Kudos
Brucie1
1 1 0 0
Message 3 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I have done everything a person can do to get my HP to stop with the error message. I've spent too much money on ink cartreges and still I get the error message. This is the second printer to do this and I'm exasperated!! 

0 Kudos
MKazi
Retired
Retired
12,746 12,732 829 1,528
Message 4 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@Brucie1

I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP. 

They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number. 
Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact. 

Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (serial numbers and case details).

Thank you for visiting the HP Support Forum

0 Kudos
cholowe
1 1 0 0
Message 5 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

II have the same printer & the same message! Ihave done the same things you have done, twice & it still

says to change the following ink catridges! Between HP & Whirlpool I spend most of my time troubleshooting

on the internet & neither  one of them have come up with a solution & I have just about had it! Your going to

try & tell me that your level 3 TECHS at HP can't finsd a solution to this printer problem & it's obviously not

a new problem that developed yesterday! Maybe you should consider hiring New Techs, because HP is going

to lose alot of customers over this! if anyone has a solution, Now is the time to step it up!

I am a busy Woman & I need my printer to be working! iI thiink it's a defective batch of ink Caqrtriges that HP doesn't want to admit to because than they would be responsible for replacing all of the defective ones! It's the right thiing to do. I don't have the time or the money to be having this problem on my shoulers for the last week! I need a printer today!

Solution PLEASE!

0 Kudos
ilmpat
1 1 0 0
Message 6 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I have an error message on two printers.......the following ink cartridge must be rplaced.  i dont know how to proceed

0 Kudos
AmYater
3 2 0 0
Message 7 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Have you found a solution to the problem yet? I have the same issue now and its getting me no where. Please post what you did to resolve this if you have fixed the issue.

0 Kudos
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation