cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Dianne7
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

ink cartridge stuck

HP Recommended
office jet 6500 printer

I have an office jet 6500 printer and the paper jam message keeps coming up when there is no paper jam. I have checked all the areas and have unplugged it like the troubleshooting said but no luck. Now the ink cartridge is stuck on the right side and the message is saying the red or yellow cartridge is missing or damaged. Can't get the cartridge to the center to check them out. You can hear all the mechanisms moving and the cartridge will jerk back and forth slightly but won't come out to the center  Any ideas of what to do. It hasn't been used alot, maybe 1/2 a ream of paper total.

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
sandytechy20
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
25,619 25,500 1,407 1,476
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@Dianne7

Welcome to the HP Forums. I would be happy to help you with your HP Officejet 6500 printer. I understand that you are getting carriage jam issue and you have already done some preliminary troubleshooting. 

• Turn the product off and on again.
  • Clear any paper jam.
  • Make sure the carriage moves freely.
  • Remove and reinstall the cartridges.
  • Plug the product directly into a wall outlet.
  • Perform a partial reset.

Click here and follow the steps mentioned in the document to perform above steps.

Let me know how it goes.

Cheers.

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation