cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents and videos on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents and videos on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
The HP Calculator Community Message Board is moving. While we prepare for the move, we are unable to accept new postings. During the move, you can look for help from other users by visiting https://www.hpmuseum.org/ . Or if you need technical support for your calculator visit: HP Calculators. .
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
sopha
6 3 0 0
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post

ink system failure

HP Recommended
hp officejetpro 8600
Microsoft Windows 10 (32-bit)

the printhead  appears to be missing not detected or incorrectly installed  there is a problem with the printer or ink system

3 REPLIES 3
sandytechy20
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
29,765 23,009 1,564 1,526
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@sopha

This is a great location to get assistance! I read your post and see that you are getting printhead  appears to be missing error message on hp officejetpro 8600.  I would like to help you resolve this issue. 

• Reset the printer.
  • Unseat the printhead.
  • Reseat the printhead up to three times.
  • Remove the ink cartridges, and then check the error message.
  • Clean the ink cartridges, and then check the error message.
  • Update the printer firmware.

Click here for the document which you can refer.

Let me know how it goes.

Thanks for being a part of the HP community.

Please let me know if this helps resolve the issue by marking this post as "Accept as Solution".

If you require further assistance, let me know and I will gladly do all I can to help.

If you wish to say "thanks" for my efforts, click the "Thumbs Up" to give me a Kudos.

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

Was this reply helpful? Yes No
sopha
Author
6 3 0 0
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thank you for the quick answer . I did al lof the recomeded things  Nothing helps. Im going to buy new one the one thing I woud like to know is what is like the HP8600. 

Riddle_Decipher
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
31,166 22,298 2,621 3,538
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@sopha

Thank you for posting on HP Forums,
The Riddle_Decipher is at your service.

I understand the solutions haven't helped much,
however, as the article advises - if nothing works - contact HP for printer servicing or replacement.

Step 9: Replace the printhead

Step 10: Service the printer

Service or replace your HP product if you completed all preceding steps.

To see if your product is still under warranty, go to the warranty check website http://www.support.hp.com/checkwarrantyContact HP Support to schedule a repair or replacement. If you are in Asia Pacific, Contact HP Support to find a local service center in your area.

Repair fees might apply for out-of-warranty products.

And to answer your question about what's like the HP8600, well the next best thing is: HP 8740.

Keep me posted,

If the information I've provided was helpful, 

give us some reinforcement by clicking the solution and kudos buttons, 

that'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!

Good Luck.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation