Ask questions. Help others.
The HP Community is here for you.
Post new question
Question

Note on archived topics.
This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here, or click on "Post new question" above and select the appropriate board.
Highlighted
Honor Student
Message 1 of 3 (1,063 Views)

ink usage

i bought a new printer a year ago with my main concern being with ink usage.  our last printer would sit inactive and off  for 3-4 weeks at a time and i was constantly replaceing dead cartridges.  maybe 40 or 50  pgs (mostly b/w) from websites.  the salesman said that printers need to be on 24/7 and this would solve my issue.   so i bought the officejet 6500 and 12 months later, i've already gone through 3 sets of cartridges!  so my question is: do ink cartridges need to be used more than 5 to 10 pages every month to keep them from drying out and does leaving the printer on make a difference?

thanks for any input

0 Kudos
Student
Message 2 of 3 (626 Views)

Re: ink usage

i would like to know how to rejuivante my ink cartridge after long periods of not using my printer

Student
Message 3 of 3 (338 Views)

Re: ink usage

10-19-2015 7:42 AM

I use my printer every day. I sometimes print up to 60 copies a day. I always check my ink levels before I start printing. My ink level can be 70-80%. I start to print 20 colored copies, but after 12-15 copies printed, my ink level has dropped to low and my project has already lost most of it's color. I am going through way too many ink cartridges. I may go through 3 color cartridges a month, trying to print 250 copies. Each cartridge says it should print up to 160 copies. I am using  Hp Tri Color cartridges 61 in my 2540 all-in-one HP deskjet printer.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation