cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Jrtumbles
2 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

inkjet pro 8600 plus

inkjet pro 8600 plus
Microsoft Windows 8.1 (64-bit)

The printer has been acting up since going to windows 8.1.

first it would not print wirelessly, then it would only print with lines vertically across the photos, now it will not go online, or at least the light will not come on.  How do I get it back online?

In addition, it keeps saying that the printer is not secure and then boots me back off of e-print and other sites.  

Any help will be greatly apprecated.

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
Retired
Retired
7,878 7,777 397 982
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

inkjet pro 8600 plus

Hello @Jrtumbles,

Thank you for visiting the HP Support Forums! Smiley Happy I understand you are running into some connection issues with your HP Officejet 8600A Plus, your printer is showing as offline.  

I would like you to run the HP Print and Scan Doctor- It was designed by HP to provide users with the troubleshooting and problem solving features needed to resolve many common problems experienced with HP print and scan products connected to Windows-based computers.

If you run the PSDR and are still getting the Printer offline error, I would like you to continue here: 'Printer is offline' Message Displays on the Computer and the Printer Will Not Print, please follow the steps listed under the Windows 8 section.

Are you still getting the security error? Take a look here: Security Information and Firewalls

I will watch for your reply, please let me know the outcome.

Thanks,

HevnLgh
I work on behalf of HP

Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" to the left of the reply button to say “Thanks” for helping!
0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation