Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
CARVER405 Top Student
Top Student
5 0 0
Message 1 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

installing hp photosmart 7550 printer on Windows Vista system

I was able to install the printer and print jobs show ready to print but printer will not print.

Not sure if this printer is compatible with my operating system??  HP website said to use a driver for a deskjet 5550 but did not indicate where that driver can be downloaded.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you,

CARVER405

6 REPLIES
PhD Student
PhD Student
899 53 148
Message 2 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

Hello CARVER405.

The alternative driver in Windows Vista for PS 7550 is the Deskjet 5550, as you stated in your post. The driver might be included in Windows Vista already. Check this page for instructions on how to install the alternative driver in Windows Vista.

Cheers.

Wixma.
Say thanks by clicking the Kudos thumb up icon in the post.
If my reply resolved your issue, please mark it as Accepted Solution so that it can be found easier and help other people.
0 Kudos
Teacher Teacher
Teacher
57 5 43
Message 3 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

Hi,

You are correct. There is no 7550 driver for Windows Vista, and you should use the 5550.

Step 2 here tells you how to get the driver:

http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c00808478

Note in step 7, "select the appropriate alternate print driver" means that you should select the DJ 5550 in your case.

Hope the helps.

I work for HP.

Say "Thanks" by clicking the Kudos Star in the post that helped you.

Please mark the post that solves your problem as "Accepted Solution".
CARVER405 Top Student
Top Student
5 0 0
Message 4 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

Thanks for the message but the printer still will not print.  I see it setup as hp deskjet 5550 series (HPA) however when trying to print test page it indicates error.  Any other suggestions???

Thanks again.

CARVER405

0 Kudos
CARVER405 Top Student
Top Student
5 0 0
Message 5 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

Thanks very much......that has solved the problem.  The printer is up and running.

Thanks again.

CARVER405

0 Kudos
Deloye Honor Student
Honor Student
3 0 0
Message 6 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

When the deskjet 5550 printer wouldn't print a test page I "removed" it as a printer, unplugged the USB cable from both printer and CPU, unplugged power to printer, removed ink cartridges, and restarted my computer.

Powered up the printer, reloaded cartridges, plugged in the usb cables.   Computer immediately recognized the printer as a new device, located and installed the driver from Windows Vista.   Deskjet shows up under printers but does not show a "ready" indicator under it.   Went to properties and sent test document ... would not print test.

Help.

0 Kudos
Deloye Honor Student
Honor Student
3 0 0
Message 7 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

What was the solution?
0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation