Ask questions. Help others.
The HP Community is here for you.
Post new question
Question

Note on archived topics.
This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here, or click on "Post new question" above and select the appropriate board.
Honor Student
Message 1 of 6 (4,902 Views)

instructions on how to setup CP1518ni to printer wirelessly

I have a laserjet CP1518ni, which I believe is a wireless printer.  I cannot determine from the HP website how to setup this printer to print wirelessly.  I have a Dell running on Windows XP and a Mac Book. 

0 Kudos
Provost
Message 2 of 6 (4,877 Views)

Re: instructions on how to setup CP1518ni to printer wirelessly

Hi,

Your printer is NOT wireless READY therefore you need to connect it using a CAT5e or CAT6 cable to a wireless router. Please use this document (page #13) to setup:

http://h10032.www1.hp.com/ctg/Manual/c00389927.pdf

You also need driver for your Dell & Mac Book machines. You can find drivers and applications for both machines from the following site:

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareCategory?cc=us&lc=en&dlc=en&product=3422472

Finally, this is the manual for the whole series:

http://h10032.www1.hp.com/ctg/Manual/c01070718.pdf

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.
Honor Student
Message 3 of 6 (4,870 Views)

Thank you for the feedback.  The Dell computer is connected to the printer via USB cable and I am working to connect the Mac via wireless.  Am I correct that this setup will work, i.e., one computer wired to the printer and the other connecting wirelessly? 

Honor Student
Message 4 of 6 (4,854 Views)

My Dell is hardwired to the dsl modem. I hooked up the ethernet cable from the printer to the modem and printed a document, which works.  The Mac is operating wirelessly with the modem.  This is the computer I am attempting to use to print wirelessly.  I changed the driver on this machine, the printer shows IPV4, which I understand to indicate the wireless radio is on?  The printer instructions indicate that I should be able to search for the access point on the printer, but I cannot find this action.  With these changes, I cannot get the Mac to find the printer. 

Provost
Message 5 of 6 (4,852 Views)

Hi,

Sorry I'm not fimilar with MAC machine but the document says bot MAC machine and the printer must be in a same Wireless network.

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.
Student
Message 6 of 6 (3,493 Views)

What is the next step once I connect the printer to the wireless router?  Should the printer connect automatically?  Thanks!!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation