Ask questions. Help others.
The HP Community is here for you.
Post new question
Question

Note on archived topics.
This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here, or click on "Post new question" above and select the appropriate board.
Student
Message 1 of 1 (656 Views)

is it possbile to scan images without Moire patterns on the hp 6500 All-in-one ?

All,

I have a hp 6500A that I use for both scanning postcards and printing those scanned postcards.

Strange is that when I scan the postcards, the scanned images display correctly - meaning there are no Moire patterns present -  on the lcd screen of my computer, but when I print  them out on the 6500, the printed images show moire patterns.

If I print the scanned images out on another printer, the printed images also show Moire patterns.

I scan the images on 600 dpi and also on 300 dpi, but both printed images have the same Moire patterns.

I have following questions

1. I do not see an option in the scanner settings to disable moire patterns, although I know that for instance the hp 3400C has an option to disable moire-pattern scanning. Is this present on the hp6500 ?

2. Is there maybe a workaround I could use ?

3. Is it nornal that when you have moire patterns on printed images, that you do not see these patterns on the LCD screen ? I  would expect that I would also see those patterns on the scanned images on the lcd screen as well.

4, Do I maybe have to upgrade the scandrivers to get rid of this problem ?

thanks in advance,

Jan.

0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation