cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
RichardL
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 7
Flag Post

k550 paper jam error

HP Recommended

Hi I need help with my k550 printer.  There was a paper jam and I removed it.  Ever since it is still saying there is a paper jam.  I have checked it over and over with a flashlight in every nook and cranny - there is NO paper in the machine (followed all instructions on website).  No mechanical damage whatsoever.  The paper feed seems to be working fine.  I updated firmware/driver - not the problem.  Using Windows XP x64 OS.

It will feed a page - print the first pass of ink on the page just fine, then stop give an error and spit out the page after a few seconds, with the light flashing "paper jam" until I reset.  the whole process seems fine - no jams - just the error.

I am wondering if you can tell me where the sensor is for paper jam is. There is a bi-directional little metal folding tab at the paper feed - that probably is not for paper jams.  Alternatively I could take out the entire printer head to check for any potential stick points underneath - although I really don't expect there to be b/c when it prints that first line it prints just fine.  If I could disable the sensor causing the error I am sure this printer will have no problems running this for a long time to come.

This printer in new and barely used and worked fine until this paper jam - I really do not want to throw it out.

Thanks! 

0 Kudos
6 REPLIES 6
eveready
1 1 0 0
Message 2 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I have the exact same problem.  If this helps HP techs who will hopefully respond to this, I can print fine from Vista, which leads me to believe that it is a driver problem.  I have multiple XP machines and multiple Vista machines and no matter what, it prints fine from Vista, but stops as described in previous post when printing from XP.

HP, I don't know if you will find time to fix this issue, but I am not ready to purchase another printer and this is a show-stopper for me.

Please advise.

0 Kudos
MagicManMC
1 1 0 1
Message 3 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended
I just had this error as well.  The cause for me was an expired ink cartridge.  The fix is while the lights are blinking hold the Power button and press the resume button three time.  Hope this helps
egri5th
3 3 0 0
Message 4 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

MajikManMC, this solution did not work for me.  Any other idea's or panel solutions. 

My problem is NOT the same as the original post but similar.

No paper jam.

After completing a one page print job printer reports paper jam (blinking power and continue buttons)

Checked for jam or other debris, none found.  Removed printer back access over for inspection, all OK.

Manually moved carrige assembly after power off to inspect.  Moves freely and returns the ink cartrige side of the

printer after power on.

Tried hold power button and press continue 3x.  No change.

Tried press continue button for 5 seconds (or more).  No change.

Removed power from printer for 5 minutes and restored.  No change.

I am going to attempt re-flashing the printer but I am guessing that this will fail as the printer will not post to "ready".

0 Kudos
hometecarch
3 2 0 0
Message 5 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

it worked!!!  thank you!

0 Kudos
wwhog
Level 1
3 2 1 0
Message 6 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended
kudos
this fixed it for me
Thanks!!
0 Kudos
Kiski
Level 2
14 8 1 0
Message 7 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Wow! After an hour and a half trying to figure out why my Resume and Power lights were blinking, after I tried numerous fixes that didn't work, I held Power button down and pushed Resume 3 times... it finally worked!! And I had just installed a new yellow ink cartridge that was a few years old that probably was the cause. 

THANK YOU!!

0 Kudos
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation