Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

The user is getting error code 10.92.00.  Where would I get the info to replace the lever lock.

zack

9 REPLIES 9
HP Recommended
If one of the locks on the right side, email me at dmzcompute@aol.com and I will forward you instructions.
HP Recommended

Hello,

I have experience on these printers. It's an issue with the left lever lock of the black cartridge.

The white one.

Best regards

HP Recommended

Printer control panel displays a 10.92.YY error on power up. This error refers to the cartridge not engaging correctly. The error may include any of the following:

• 10.92.00 (Black)

• 10.92.01 (Cyan)

• 10.92.02 (Magenta)

• 10.92.03 (Yellow)

Solution or Workaround
  1. Open and close the front door.

2. Reseat all the cartridges.

3. Power cycle the printer.

4. Look to see if the cartridge locking part is broken or in place. (See pictures below).

Good
    Bad

1.gif

11.gif
  5. Check for a broken part that controls the movement of the cartridge engagement arm, the cartridge shutters, and the OPC drive. (See picture below - it outlines where the break occurs in the picture to the left, and where this part is located for the picture on the right. The red arrows show where the part should be.) You can easily check this without taking off the covers by reaching over to the white rod arm on the right hand side of the ETB, and "wiggle" it. If it moves easily, then this part is broken. Replace this part if broken (RC1-6645-010CN).

12.gif

13.gif
  6. Check for folded Ribbon Cables (J201). The fold can cause a short, thus a 10.92.XX error.

7. Check for broken Guide Rails.

3.gif
    If parts are broken, please order the following parts:
    Part Description
    Part Number
    Lever, lock slide, right
    RC1-6643-000CN
    Cam, slide, right
    RC1-6645-010CN
  8. Sometimes, the lock slide, cam slide, tension springs or the lock arms on the left side of the Printer can also be broken. In that case it is necessary to replace these Parts. (see the Figures below).4.jpg5.jpg
    Part Description
    Part Number
    Lock Lever – left side upper
    RC1-7618-000CN
    Lock Lever – left side
    RC1-6633-000CN
    Lever, lock slide, left
    RC1-6636-000CN
    Cam, slide, left
    RC1-6638-000CN
    Tension Spring
    RC1-6634-000CN
  9. Inspect the cartridge guide rails (see Figure below) to see if any are damaged. Replace the Cartridge, guide, right assembly or Guide, cartridge, left depending on the side.

Figure 1: Cartridge Rail Guides

6.jpg
  10. Clean the contacts on the memory controller PCA (see Picture 8), and check if contact is made to the Memory Tag on the toner cartridge itself. Replace the toner cartridge if the Memory Tag PCA is missing, see the Figure below.

Figure 2: Memory Controller PCA

444.jpg
  11. Figure 3: Memory Tag

8.jpg
  12. Make sure that connectors J302, J303, J304 and J305 on the memory-controller PCA are seated correctly. Also make sure that connector J1020 on the DC Controller is seated correctly.

13. Replace the memory-controller PCA if it is damaged.
    Part Description
    Part Number
    Memory Controller PCA (Cartridge-sensor PCA)
    RM1-2585-000CN
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.
HP Recommended

Thank you for the info.  I am wating on the user to get beack to me I'll check everything that you've giving me.

Zack

HP Recommended

Thank you for this post ......... even all these years later I have a new customer and their CP3505 broke these very items ! !
You have saved me .......... again 🙂
Mike

HP Recommended

Thanks for the excellent post and pictures.  I have identified which part is broken.  Where can we find a step-by-step process to replace the broken Lock Slide (part RC1-6645)?  That is, what disassembly steps must be done to remove the old part and install the new one.  TheService Manual does not show how to replace that part.  

HP Recommended

Could you possible email me the pictures, for some reason they are not showing up in the directions.

Thanks

HP Recommended

Are there instructions for replacing the upper left black locking lever

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.