Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
    Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Highlighted
Level 1
6 3 0 2
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

laserjet 1020 windows 10 HP Slimline 450a114

HP Recommended
laserjet 1020
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

My laserjet 1020 stopped working with Windows 10 anniversary update.  I followed HP support regarding windows built-in print driver.  I was able to see and select the printer in the device manger however when trying to print, I get an error message stating that I need to use a 2.0 USB connection because the printer is old and a 3.0 USB connection will not work.  Problem is, I have the printer plugged in to my HP Slimline 450a114 2.0 USB port.  Any ideas on why the troubleshooting wizard is telling me it's plugged into a 3.0 when it is not?  Also, I did download and run HP's printer and scan troubleshooter with same results.

Thank you in advance for your assistance.

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
Author
Level 1
6 3 0 2
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I was able to solve problem by

removing the laserjet 1020 from the list of devices

unplug the printer

restart the computer

plug the printer back in and turn it on

follow HP instructions 

http://support.hp.com/us-en/product/hp-laserjet-1020-printer-series/439423/model/439428/document/c01...

0 Kudos
This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation