cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
The HP Calculator Community Message Board is moving. While we prepare for the move, we are unable to accept new postings. During the move, you can look for help from other users by visiting https://www.hpmuseum.org/ . Or if you need technical support for your calculator visit: HP Calculators. .
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
bmilescrx
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

laserjet m604 stuck in initializing for 17hr

HP Recommended
Laserjet M604
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

printer locked up yesterday and was rebooted, it was at 5mp yesterday so it had all night to initialize,  it has been 17hr initializing and still counting up every sec ,   currently shows "DO NOT UNPLUG  Initalizing 40354"  and counting up...  not sure if i need to reinstall the firmware but the printer will still print and i can get to the printer web page... not sure if i should leave it alone longer or what... any input much appreciated

1 REPLY 1
davidzuts
Level 13
7,130 6,101 558 938
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Since the printer is working I would assume the firmware has loaded and somehow the menu routine just continues. Since you really can not do any harm by unplugging since your printer has smart firmware I would just turn the printer off and unplug for about 2 minutes and then plug back in and turn on again and see if it comes to ready. If it does the same thing, then I would do a google search for doing a firmware load using the usb thumb drive from the pre-boot menu which should solve the issue.

Was this reply helpful? Yes No
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation