Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
sl00py99 Top Student
Top Student
2 1 1
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

laserjet pro 400 m401 won't pick up paper

My laserjet pro 400 m401 won't pick up paper from the tray. I have not changed the paper I have been using. It's Georgia-Pacific 20# paper. The printer has not been dropped or abused. If anything, we have handled the printer very carefully and gently. Therefore, I don't suspect any physical/mechanical/electronic damage. The feed roller makes a squealing/squeaking noise when it turns. The printer then times out and the display shows the message "No paper pickup". Everything stops there.

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES
sl00py99 Top Student
Top Student
2 1 1
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

I fixed it myself! One of the two compression springs at the end of the paper tray nearest to the front of the printer had become weak. I removed it, carefully stretched it and reinstalled it, and it works as good as new.

Victor-CB Student
Student
1 0 0
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

Another possible solution: remove some paper from the paper tray.

We were hearing the same feed roller squeaking/squealing, and the printer displayed a "No paper pickup" error message as well.

I inspected the springs, as the previous posted suggested, but they were in good shape.

I solved this particular problem by removing some paper from the paper tray: jobs printed with no problem.

0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation