cancel

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Organist Student
Student
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

line down the page when scanning

There is a black line down the middle of the page when scanning through the document feeder to pdf or jpg files.  There is no line when scanning from the flatbed.

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
PhD Student
PhD Student
952 945 71 95
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi Organist,

You did not indicate which model you have, but this document should help.

http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c01622189

The scan bar does not move when scanning from the ADF, so if there any dirt or debris on the glass under the ADF scanbar, it shows up as a line.

I was an HP employee.

Please mark the post that solves your problem as "Accepted Solution"
0 Kudos
Highlighted
wlgreen0001 Tutor
Tutor
11 7 0 0
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

We have a similar problem with our M3035. We have cleaned the glass and mylar strip but when using the ADF a line appears but it is not present if scanning using only the flatbed scanner.  Suggestions?

0 Kudos
PhD Student
PhD Student
952 945 71 95
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi wlgreen0001,

That model is supported on another forum as it is not a consumer model.

I did find this document:

http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/Document.jsp?lang=en&cc=us&taskId=110&prodSeriesId=...

You refer to the mylar strip so I suspect you have seen this document.  There is a section at the bottom that refers to a ADF kit, but I do not know if it would be appropriate in your case.

I was an HP employee.

Please mark the post that solves your problem as "Accepted Solution"
0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation