cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
jenniferw710
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

lines on photos

HP Recommended
Envy 7645
Microsoft Windows 8.1 (64-bit)

My photos have lines on them.  Help!

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
Sunshyn2005
Level 13
17,328 17,221 901 2,544
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi @jenniferw710,

I would be happy to help you with your photo quality. Do you see lines in your printed photos, or scanned photos?

If you are seeing lines in the printed output, please use the following document to troubleshoot the issue: Fixing Print Quality Problems for the HP ENVY 5640, 5660, 7640 and Officejet 5740, 8040 e-All-in-One....

If you are seeing lines through your scanned photos, do you have the printer connected directly to a wall outlet or is it in a surge protector or power bar? Even if you have been using a surge protector/power bar all this time and you feel it is not the cause, please connect it to a wall outlet just so we can eliminate the power source as the root cause.   Issues when Connected to an Uninterruptible Power Supply/Power Strip/Surge Protector

In this document you will see, ISSUE: Problems or issues may arise when an HP LaserJet series printer is connected to an uninterruptible power supply (UPS), a power strip, or a surge protector

^ This is not limited to Laserjet printers.

Let's perform a hard reset. To do so, leave the printer on and unplug the power cable for 1 minute. While it is unplugged, hold down the power button on the printer for 10-15 seconds to release any built up power, then after the minute has passed, plug the printer back in.

I hope this helps.

Sunshyn2005
I work on behalf of HP

If you found this post helpful, you can let others know by clicking the Accept as Solution button. You can also show your appreciation, with a kudos, by clicking the thumbs up" button!

0 Kudos
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation