cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
tljiran
2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 12
Flag Post

Solved!

lines on printed page through document feeder for HP Officejet Pro 8620

HP Recommended

I have  only had printer for about 1 month. I am recently getting lines on the mid right side of my printed page that I sent through the document feeder. I tried cleaning rollers with water and Isopropyl Alcohol with no change. I need to have a professional look for my business. What else could be wrong and how do i fix it? Better yet, how do I prevent it from happening again?

0 Kudos
11 REPLIES 11
RnRMusicMan
Retired
Retired
14,802 13,833 749 1,784
Message 2 of 12
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi tljiran,

Welcome to the HP Forums!

I see that you are getting lines on your pages when copying through the document feeder on your HP Officejet pro 8620, and I am happy to help you with this issue!

Please try the following:

With the printer turned on unplug the power cable from the back of the printer, and the outlet, wait 60 seconds, plug the power cable back into the outlet first, then into the printer. Please make sure the power cable is going directly to the wall outlet not a surge-protector.  Issues when Connected to an Uninterruptible Power Supply/Power Strip/Surge Protector. This applies to Inkjet printers as well.

Hope this will help resolve the issue, let me know if you have any further issues! Smiley Happy

RnRMusicMan
I work on behalf of HP

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" to say “Thanks” for helping!

0 Kudos
Tags (1)
tljiran
Author
2 1 0 0
Message 3 of 12
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I unplugged the printer as suggested and replugged into wall outlet directly with no solution to the problem. Lines are still there. 

Terrie

0 Kudos
RnRMusicMan
Retired
Retired
14,802 13,833 749 1,784
Message 4 of 12
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi tljiran,

Thank you for your reply!

Please try the solutions within this guide. Vertical Bands, Lines, or Streaks in Copies, Faxes, or Scans, as this applies to the HP Officejet 8620 as well.

Hope this guide will help, and have a nice day! Smiley Happy

RnRMusicMan
I work on behalf of HP

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" to say “Thanks” for helping!

DianneF
2 2 0 2
Message 5 of 12
Flag Post
HP Recommended

None of these solutions work effectively because the lines are not caused by the rollers but by scratches on the narrow strip of plexiglass where items pass from the document feeder onto the scanner.

The scratches are the result of a design defect: friction of the white plastic strip, which sits just above, against the plexiglass. Look closely at the plexiglass and you will see a vertical scratch line about a half inch in from the right.

N8TE
2 2 0 1
Message 6 of 12
Flag Post
HP Recommended
I have the same printer with the same exact issue. It is actually a line of dust build up on top of the feeder side glass on the far left from the white plastic strip. Just wipe the glass down with a microfiber towel and you will be fine.
0 Kudos
DianneF
2 2 0 2
Message 7 of 12
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I tried cleaning the glass but discovered that the line was caused by scratches in the glass made by the nearby plastic strip.  Not much you can do but replace the glass, which is not practical.

0 Kudos
N8TE
2 2 0 1
Message 8 of 12
Flag Post
HP Recommended
Wow, mine was just a fine line of dust buildup caused by the plastic strip. It appeared to be a scratch but was simply small amounts of dust. Once I wiped down that glass portion the plastic strip rests on it took care of the issue.
kklangman
1 1 0 1
Message 9 of 12
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Persistance pays off!  I cleaned the strip of glass over and over with alcohol on a microfiber cloth and it finally worked!  I had to rub fairly hard.  I think there might have been tape residue or something on there from the factory because it has been streaking since we bought it.  And when I looked at the glass, it looked completely clean before I started.  When I looked at an angle, I could see the tiniest of tiny dots on the glass.  I thought it was under the glass because I had cleaned it already, but it turned out to be on top since after more rubbing I finally got it off.  POOF!  No more streaks!  SO HAPPY!

FrankES
1 1 0 0
Message 10 of 12
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I followed the directions provided by RMRMusicMan to unplug printer and outlet.  Wait 60 seconds, then plug into wall and next into printer.  I did that and got a "Printer Failure" stating "There is a problem with the printer or ink system.  If problem persists, contact HP.

Of course, the warranty is out on this printer.  The printer boots up and I hear the ink tanks cycling and the menu momentarily comes up before I get the error message.  it's consistant and I've tried just about everything to clear it.  Is there a booting combination or other way I can troubleshoot the problem short of having to go out and buy a new CANON printer?

0 Kudos
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation