Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

I cannot setup fax, scanning, etc through the HP Director because I keep getting an error that the file marketresearch.msi is missing.  I dont even know what the file is let alone where to get it.  I have uninstalled and installed repeatedly and I can't get rid of this message.

24 REPLIES 24
HP Recommended

I am having the same problem.  My scanner is G4050.  Please help, somebody!

HP Recommended

Bump

Since nobody offered any solutions yet.

I've got all the way to a successful install (at least a clean initial install), however a few minutes pass this window keeps coming up asking to help locate the file to install it; and I've directed it to where to find marketresearch.ini and .cab however it won't accept those file. I've deleted all registry entires directed towards and referencing marketresearch however even though the registry is clean of it; it keeps coming back up asking to install it. If I just try to ignore it and hit cancel it brings the hp fatal error install back up and screws the entire process back all over again, to where I'm back in a neverending loop of uninstall/reinstall/fatal error (and over and over again) unless I uninstall it manually to where I no longer have a printer install at all.

Initial Post:

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Printer-All-in-One-Install-and/HP-C410a/td-p/688555

HP Recommended

Bump

HP Recommended

I would to remove message (marresearch.msi file missing)

HP Recommended

I cannot complete HP setup C4460C because I am keep getting errors that the file marketresearch.msi and SmpartWebprintingOC.msi are missing.  I dont even know what the file is let alone where to get it.  I have uninstalled and installed repeatedly and I can't get rid of this message.

HP Recommended

Isn't a shame hp company has  no fix for this problem yet ?

no wonder people are purchasing other companies products

HP Recommended

marketresearch.msi is missing

HP Recommended

OK. I finally solved it. I came back to post to help others out. Note, this worked for XP, and the printer is working fine with no more messages. However, the scanner won't work. I never could get that working.

Go here to download Microsoft Utlity: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2438651/

Download it and then run it. Select automatic and the install problems choices. After it runs, it will ask you to select a program. Select Market Research. As it uninstalls the program, another window may prompt you about another HP shortcut. Ignore it, do not browse to search for it. Then it will say the shortcut no longer works. Choose to delete it.

It will then finish up after another few minutes. Reboot, and your programs will print just fine without any more error messages.

HP Recommended

marketresearch.msi file missing when installing from CD on my HP photosmart c4280 all-in-one 

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.