Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
HP3516
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

My 3516 is missing some lines in the same places when printing B&W and also is not able to complete the alignment process when it scans in the alignment page, however the alignment page does look fine and doesnt appear to be missing anything on the page.

I then did the usual printer head cleaning process various times, changed the cartridges for new ones, and even cleaned the contacts within the printer itself with alcohol and printed the print quality diagnostics report and it has failed one item which is the alignment status.

Cant seem to resolve this one.

Thanks.

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@richbrasil011

This is a great location to get assistance! I read your post and see that you are getting print quality issues on HP Deskjet 3516 printer. I would like to help you resolve this issue. 

• Check the paper.
  • Check the print settings.
  • Print and evaluate a diagnostic report and troubleshoot defects.
  • Use an automated tool to clean the cartridges.
  • Align the All-in-One.

Click here and follow the document to perform above mentioned steps.

Let me know if that works.

Cheers.

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I managed to resolve it in the end. Paper in the upright feed was aligned to the far left, aligning it to the far right allowed it to print the alignment sheet centralized and then it was able to correctly scan and self align.

I have another question, after a few years should the printer be serviced/cleaned in order to keep it running for as long as possible?

HP Recommended

@richbrasil011

Thanks for the reply.

I appreciate your time and effort.

Good to know that issue is resolved.

Yes it is good to clean the printer and cartridge to keep it running for a longer time.

Feel free to contact us in feature, if you need any assistance.

If the issue is resolved and for the benefit of others,

Please click the "Accept as Solution" button and the "Thumbs Up".

Cheers.

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.