Ask questions. Help others.
The HP Community is here for you.
Post new question
Question

Note on archived topics.
This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here, or click on "Post new question" above and select the appropriate board.
Honor Student
Message 1 of 5 (5,152 Views)

my Photosmart c4400 All-in-one won't print in black

Hello,

I just inherited an hp photosmart c4400 All-in-one, so it's not brand new. I set it up and installed the software, found the sample photo paper that it came with and printed a couple test photos. They came out great. Then I tried to print a word document and the page came out blank. I tried printing a webpage; it printed everything color on the page quite nicely, but none of the black text. The HP solution center tells me that both color and black ink levels are quite high; the cartridges are both properly installed, and both feel heavy and full. I also tried color and black-and-white copying functions, with same results. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Honor Student
Message 2 of 5 (5,003 Views)

Re: my Photosmart c4400 All-in-one won't print in black

Did you resolve this problem?  I'm having exactly the same issue.

Thanks.

Honor Student
Message 3 of 5 (5,017 Views)

I ran the "clean printer" function a few times, and kept trying, and eventually I succeeded in photocopying a black and white page. After that, normal printing in black worked fine. I'm still not clear on the hows and whys of this problem or its correction--sorry I can't be more helpful!
Honor Student
Message 4 of 5 (4,983 Views)

Your solution appears to have worked for me as well. Thanks much!
Student
Message 5 of 5 (4,965 Views)

i am having the exact same problem. how many times did you have to clean/print before it started working?
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation