Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

I mostly use my HP Photosmart D110 as a copier.  Yesterday, after changing the ink cartrdges, it went to the screen that says it is printing the alignment page.  It doesn't print.  I power it down, sometimes by the button, sometimes by pulling the power cord, but it starts up, and says that it has to print an alignment page.  It is stuck in this loop now, and I can't use it al all.  Help!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended
Hi guidoguido,

Follow the steps below.

1. Remove the cartridges from the printer
2. While the printer is turned on unplug the power from the back of the unit.
3. Wait 1 to 2 minutes, and then make sure the power is plugged directly into the wall outlet before you plug the printer back in.
4. If the printer doesn't turn on by itself press the power button, and then wait for the printer to ask you to install the cartridges.
5. Try running the alignment again on the printer

Let me know what you find out?
I am an HP employee.

Say Thanks by clicking the Kudos Star in the post that helped you.

Please mark the post that solves your problem as "Accepted Solution"

View solution in original post

16 REPLIES 16
HP Recommended

Hello CthomasM

Please try the following article as it may help resolve your problem.

Alignment Page Won't Print

Don't forgot to say thanks by giving "Kudos" to those that help solve your problems.

When a solution is found please mark the post that solves your issue.
HP Recommended

Where is the allignment page for me to print then place on the scanner to Allign?

HP Recommended

Hello JImWade

What operating system and printer are you using? Did you try following the article I provided above? Does other pages/print jobs print correctly?

Don't forgot to say thanks by giving "Kudos" to those that help solve your problems.

HP Recommended

HP-110 **bleep** you stupid ass robot!!!!! Look at the Subject Line and it tells you

HP Recommended

Hello JImeWade

I had asked what printer you have so that I could verify you have the same printer as the original poster.

The article I has asked if you followed has instructions for printing the alignment page from within Windows.

1. Load plain white paper in the input tray.
  2. Open HP Solution Center.
  3. Click Settings ( ).
  4. In the Print Settings area, click Printer Toolbox . The printer Toolbox opens in a new window
  5. Click Align the Print Cartridges ( ).
    Click Print Page . The product prints an alignment page.

My last question was to intended to see if you were having any problems with print jobs in general.

HP Recommended

We have the same problems and have gone through the checklist. We have a Mac. The "fix" program won't download. The printer just keeps cycling on the "Now printing alighment page..." and won't go off. We've taken the cartridges in and out, shut the door, reloaded the paper, plugged and unplugged while it was one. Still won't work. When we press the red X to stop, nothing happens, continues with "now printing...."

HP Recommended
Hi guidoguido,

What printer do you have?

Are you using new OEM or Refurbished cartridges?

I am an HP employee.

HP Recommended

HP Photosmart D110  that is about 4? years old. That's all it says. We don't use it that much as it's only for home use.  This is the only letter/number designation on it.

The cartridges are new HP cartridges.

I went through all the steps and still can't get it to work. I shall Kudos when we figure how to fix it. Thanks.

HP Recommended
Hi guidoguido,

Follow the steps below.

1. Remove the cartridges from the printer
2. While the printer is turned on unplug the power from the back of the unit.
3. Wait 1 to 2 minutes, and then make sure the power is plugged directly into the wall outlet before you plug the printer back in.
4. If the printer doesn't turn on by itself press the power button, and then wait for the printer to ask you to install the cartridges.
5. Try running the alignment again on the printer

Let me know what you find out?
I am an HP employee.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.