Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended

HP Photosmart 6510 my printer will not print it states its in error code.  How do I fix it?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi @woodman1,

Welcome to HP Forums, this is a great place to get support, find answers and tips, Thank you for posting your query, I'll be more than glad to help you out 🙂

I understand that your HP Office Jet Pro 8600 printer is stuck on error state, I'll be really glad to help you with this,

☑️ Please make sure that the printer is connected directly to the wall outlet and not to the surge protector.

☑️ Remove all the ink cartridges and then try to perform a hard reset on the printer.

✔️ With the printer turned on, disconnect the power cord from the rear of the printer and also unplug the power cord from the wall outlet.

✔️ Remove USB cable, if present.

✔️  Wait for 2-3 minutes, press and hold the power button on your printer for about 30 seconds to remove any additional charge.

✔️  Now plug back the power cable straight to a wall outlet without any surge protector or an extension cord and then plug back the power cord to the printer.

✔️ Turn on the printer and wait till warm-up period finishes and the printer is idle.

✔️  Now insert the ink cartridges and then try to print a test page and check if it works.

Let’s first try and make a “photocopy” to determine whether the issue is with the printer or not. Place a document on the scanner glass and choose “Copy” option. If the printer is making a good copy, then the printer hardware is fine.

Since the printer is working fine on your laptop and phone, this means printer hardware is fine, it has to do with the computer itself,

I would suggest you go ahead and uninstall the printer and then install the full feature software from the support website.

Let's try these steps here:

1.) In Windows, search for and open Programs and features

2.) Select your HP Printer

3.) Select Uninstall

4.) In Windows, search for and open Devices and printers

5.) In the Devices and Printers windows look for your HP printer. If you see it listed right-click on it and choose 'Delete' or 'Remove Device'

6.) Open up the run command with the "Windows key + R" key combo.

7.) Type printui.exe /s and click Ok. (Note: there is a space in between “printui.exe” and “/s”)

8.) Click on the "Drivers" tab

9.) Look for HP Printer driver. If you see it Click on it and click Remove at the bottom

10.) Select Ok

11.) Select Apply and Ok on the Print Server Properties windows

12.) Close Devices and Printers

13.) Restart the PC

14.) Now download and install the full feature software, HP Customer Support - Software and Driver Downloads.

I hope this helps, let me know how it goes for further assistance. I'll be more than happy to help.

If I have helped you resolve the issue, feel free to give me a virtual high-five by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' icon below, 

Followed by clicking on "Accept as solution" from the drop-down menu on the upper right corner,

Thank you for posting in the HP Support Forum.  Have a great day!

Regards,

Jeet_Singh
I am an HP Employee

View solution in original post

13 REPLIES 13
HP Recommended

Hello jessie1964,
Welcome to the HP Forums.

I see that your Photosmart 6510 is not printing, and indicating it's in an error state. I would like to try and help you with this.

On the printer is it providing any error messages or numeric codes? What's the error message that you are recieving?
Does this occur with any source you're printing from?
Can you make a copy on the printer?

Please respond back with more information, and I would be happy to help you out.
Thank you for posting on the HP Forums.

I worked on behalf of HP.
HP Recommended

I have an HP Office Pro 8600 and am getting this same error statement. (There are no errors showing on the printer

I recently had to have Microsoft Office Programs (Word, Power Point, and Excell)  reloaded as it refused to open documments from directories (although I could open them by opening the programs first from the Program Directory.

Now I can't get the printer to work - even though it was working fine before this Microsoft issue, and my wife uses it just fine (and i have no problem making copies with it).

I have tried restarting my computer, aand that did not help.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

HP Recommended

Welcome to the forums @Dr-J,

As I understand, your Officejet 8600 will not print from your computer specifically, (it will print from your other PC), and the printer will also make copies successfully. If this is correct, the printer itself is fine, and the concern seems to be with your own computer.

I have some ideas that may help.

Please respond to me with the following. If there are any steps here that you have not tried, please try them before responding and include the results:

How is the printer connected (USB/ wireless/ wired/ Bluetooth)?
What is the Operating System of the computer that will not print?
Have you tried printing from different programs (websites, Notepad, Paint, Word, etc)?
Have you tried uninstalling and reinstalling the software?
Run the Print and Scan Doctor and include the results, only if you are running a Windows OS.
Have you completed all Windows/Mac Updates?
Have you tried using a different USB/Ethernet cable?

Thank you Smiley Happy

a i n b o w 7000

I work on behalf of HP

Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" at the bottom of this post to say “Thanks” for helping!
HP Recommended

how to fix an hp4100 that will not print

HP Recommended

hp 8600 error message, printer in error state

HP Recommended

MY PRINT NOTPRINING

WHAT CÆNI DO TO FIX IT

HP Recommended

MYPRINT IS AHP DESKJET INK ADVANTAGE 1015 AND ITS NOT PRINTING

HP Recommended

I'm getting the error state message for my officePro 8600. It prints from my laptop and phone, not my PC. Help!

HP Recommended

Hi @woodman1,

Welcome to HP Forums, this is a great place to get support, find answers and tips, Thank you for posting your query, I'll be more than glad to help you out 🙂

I understand that your HP Office Jet Pro 8600 printer is stuck on error state, I'll be really glad to help you with this,

☑️ Please make sure that the printer is connected directly to the wall outlet and not to the surge protector.

☑️ Remove all the ink cartridges and then try to perform a hard reset on the printer.

✔️ With the printer turned on, disconnect the power cord from the rear of the printer and also unplug the power cord from the wall outlet.

✔️ Remove USB cable, if present.

✔️  Wait for 2-3 minutes, press and hold the power button on your printer for about 30 seconds to remove any additional charge.

✔️  Now plug back the power cable straight to a wall outlet without any surge protector or an extension cord and then plug back the power cord to the printer.

✔️ Turn on the printer and wait till warm-up period finishes and the printer is idle.

✔️  Now insert the ink cartridges and then try to print a test page and check if it works.

Let’s first try and make a “photocopy” to determine whether the issue is with the printer or not. Place a document on the scanner glass and choose “Copy” option. If the printer is making a good copy, then the printer hardware is fine.

Since the printer is working fine on your laptop and phone, this means printer hardware is fine, it has to do with the computer itself,

I would suggest you go ahead and uninstall the printer and then install the full feature software from the support website.

Let's try these steps here:

1.) In Windows, search for and open Programs and features

2.) Select your HP Printer

3.) Select Uninstall

4.) In Windows, search for and open Devices and printers

5.) In the Devices and Printers windows look for your HP printer. If you see it listed right-click on it and choose 'Delete' or 'Remove Device'

6.) Open up the run command with the "Windows key + R" key combo.

7.) Type printui.exe /s and click Ok. (Note: there is a space in between “printui.exe” and “/s”)

8.) Click on the "Drivers" tab

9.) Look for HP Printer driver. If you see it Click on it and click Remove at the bottom

10.) Select Ok

11.) Select Apply and Ok on the Print Server Properties windows

12.) Close Devices and Printers

13.) Restart the PC

14.) Now download and install the full feature software, HP Customer Support - Software and Driver Downloads.

I hope this helps, let me know how it goes for further assistance. I'll be more than happy to help.

If I have helped you resolve the issue, feel free to give me a virtual high-five by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' icon below, 

Followed by clicking on "Accept as solution" from the drop-down menu on the upper right corner,

Thank you for posting in the HP Support Forum.  Have a great day!

Regards,

Jeet_Singh
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.