cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
hsmof5
Level 1
7 3 0 0
Message 1 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

my printer takes half an hour to print a single page

my hp5510 has suddenly begun taking half an hour to print a single page from the internet.  yet it sometimes prints quickly.  The colors are also washed out or very faint or very dark, even though I have installed two new ink cartridges.  It happened after a Windows update, i think.  HPDR shows no issues with it.

0 Kudos
5 REPLIES 5
Wixma
Level 7
899 898 53 150
Message 2 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

Hello hsmof5.

Please, try removing and re-installing the cartridges and perform the cartridge alignment from the toolbox.

Cheers!

Wixma.
Say thanks by clicking the Kudos thumb up icon in the post.
If my reply resolved your issue, please mark it as Accepted Solution so that it can be found easier and help other people.
hsmof5
Level 1
7 3 0 0
Message 3 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

thank you.  I actually had to run the alignment from the printer itself because Windows 7 doesn't like my printer and will not allow me to download the drivers necessary to make toolbox work from the pc.  If you have a solution for that also, I would love to have it!

0 Kudos
Wixma
Level 7
899 898 53 150
Message 4 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

Hello hsmof5.

If your printer is Officejet 5510, please check this document to obtain the latest driver for Windows 7. Unfortunatedly, there's no full feature driver for Windows 7 for your printer. The toolbox might not have all the features you had with a previous operating system.

If your printer is Photosmart 5510, please check this web page where you can download the full feature driver and software from this link.

Cheers!

Wixma.
Say thanks by clicking the Kudos thumb up icon in the post.
If my reply resolved your issue, please mark it as Accepted Solution so that it can be found easier and help other people.
Jmart62
1 1 0 0
Message 5 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

Thank you Wixma. 

I had the same problem with my classic HP PSC 1410 All-in-One.  I followed your instructions and now my printer is as good as new.  Good thing I found this forum because I was fixing to give up on this classic and buy a new one.  Again thank you so very much.

0 Kudos
hsmof5
Level 1
7 3 0 0
Message 6 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

I had already downloaded the drivers that were available and it didn't help.  It might print 2 or 3 pages find and then slow down on the 4th page...no rhyme or reason.  i finally got tired of it and had to buy a new printer.  Ugh!  thanks for trying.

0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation