Ask questions. Help others.
The HP Community is here for you.
Post new question
Question

Note on archived topics.
This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here, or click on "Post new question" above and select the appropriate board.
Top Student
Message 1 of 3 (536 Views)

my solution to the black ink not printing

I discovered the solution to the black ink not printing about 1 1/2 years ago.  I have had to soak the printhead many, many times and once got an ink failure message. 

I recently wanted to file e-taxes and at that point discovered the printer, again, would not print.   I manually did my taxes and mailed them.

I also threw away my HP Officejet 6500 and purchased a Brothers laser printer.

I used to think very highly of the HP printers.  I now consider them a piece of junk.

I suggest others replace the 6500 if they are experiencing these problems.

HP must realize there is a specific problem and should have fixed it for everyone.

I would also like to mention that uninstalling the HP drivers for this printer seems to have done harm to my dvd/rw drive.

Student
Message 2 of 3 (529 Views)

Re: my solution to the black ink not printing

Wlhen it feels like working, I get beautiful pictures with my HP Photsmart D7560.  Bu periodically the black decides not to print and using HP tool box does not seem t work.

Bob Penrose

Highlighted
Honor Student
Message 3 of 3 (499 Views)

Re: my solution to the black ink not printing

feel like doing the same with my 6500. colors fine but need the black!
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation