Ask questions. Help others.
The HP Community is here for you.
Post new question
Question

Note on archived topics.
This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here, or click on "Post new question" above and select the appropriate board.
Top Student
Message 1 of 6 (515 Views)

need help HP C7280 all in one ink problem

yes, I've already read over 112 posts tonight, and I still can't find the answer to my problem and I shouldn't have to pay HP's 24/7 phone service for what might be a simple answer just because I don't have a warranty.

I added a new yellow cartridge; printer acknowleged it, monitor acknowleged it, it states that it is full. Until I try to print something. Then I get an error message that states that my yellow is empty and I cannot print anything until it is replaced. I've been to 3 places, bought 3 separate cartridges thinking the 1st and 2nd were flawed. Now it's obvious that it's not the ink. I can photocopy, but I cannot print anything off the internet, including important things I need for work. Can anybody help me out here? 

0 Kudos
Regents Professor
Message 2 of 6 (513 Views)

Re: need help HP C7280 all in one ink problem

[ Edited ]

Hi cattashley

Have you tried re-setting the printer, as described in step one here ?

Ciara

I am an HP employee.
I am speaking for myself and not for HP. Twitter: @Ciara_B_27
Top Student
Message 3 of 6 (505 Views)

yes, I tried that. It didn't help. I even unplugged everything including router, waited 5 minutes. It didn't help. It shows on the screen that the yellow ink is completely full, but no matter what site I go to, I cannot print. The message says that the computer will not print anything unfil I replace the yellow. I don't know what to do. I'm unemployed, trying to make money mysteryshopping, now I can't do that. I can't afford to take my computer in or call Geek Squad. And I don't know how much it will cost to get an answer from HP's 24/7 service line because I kept getting transferred, then was told I would have to pay, but not told how much. I hung up and gave up and decided to try this website before I get so upset that I'll wind up tossing the computer and printer into the river. Without being able to print, I can't make any money.

Regents Professor
Message 4 of 6 (503 Views)

Hi cattashley, leave it with me and I'll try to follow up with some folks here....I'll get back to you as soon as I can.

- Ciara

I am an HP employee.
Regents Professor
Message 5 of 6 (496 Views)

Hi cattashley, can you get color photocopies from the printer?

I am an HP employee.
Top Student
Message 6 of 6 (424 Views)

Yes, I can use the copy machine part to photocopy in all colors, but I cannot print color from the internet. The HP color bar shows that yellow is full, but if I try to copy anything from any website, the printer will not allow it.  It says "yellow cartridge is empty...printer will not work until you replace it". I've tried 3 different brand new cartridges thinking the first was a fluke, then maybe the second was a fluke, but all 3 were from different stores. 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation