cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
deihl
3 2 0 0
Message 1 of 5
Flag Post

need to change wifi password after new modem

HP Recommended
Photosmart C4780
Mac OS X 10.6 Snow Leopard

Hi: We have a new wireless modem with a new password and I'm unable to change the wifi password for the printer so it will work within the network. I can't locate the manual or software disk for the printer. Please advise how and where I can enter the new password.  Thanks!

0 Kudos
4 REPLIES 4
greenturtle
Level 15
Level 15
13,321 13,269 1,356 3,520
Message 2 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi,

Thanks for using the HP Forums.

Can you check out this userguide :

http://h10032.www1.hp.com/ctg/Manual/c01705962

Hope you still have the CD.  Else, you may want to download it from :

http://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/selfservice/hp-photosmart-c4700-all-in-one-printer-series/379461...

Select the correct operating system before downloading.

Thanks.

I am an HP Employee
Although I am speaking for myself and not for HP.
Please click “Kudos Thumbs up” as an encouragement and “Accept as solution” if this has helped solved your problem.
0 Kudos
deihl
Author
3 2 0 0
Message 3 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi: Thanks for your info, but this was not successful. Downloaded the driver and tried to configure for wireless but keep getting error message that password isn't accepted. I'm sure this is correct password. Is it possible the printer is too old for this new modem? Thank you.

0 Kudos
greenturtle
Level 15
Level 15
13,321 13,269 1,356 3,520
Message 4 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi,

Thanks for the feedback.

We'll like to try a little experment to see if it's the modem or the printer, it would require using your phone as a HOTSPOT.

Do note there will be data charges (depending on your mobile phone plan).  Only procceed with this experiment if you're comfortable.

Watch these examples to show how it's done:

How to Print and Scan after changing router

How to connect and use a computer with a hotspot

If the experiment is a success, then there's probably some settings on the modem that is "blocking".

Let us know!

Thanks!

I am an HP Employee
Although I am speaking for myself and not for HP.
Please click “Kudos Thumbs up” as an encouragement and “Accept as solution” if this has helped solved your problem.
0 Kudos
deihl
Author
3 2 0 0
Message 5 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi and thanks for your reply. We watched the tutorial but our printer does not have the screen enabling us to input info directly. We have a C4780.

0 Kudos
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation