cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
LisaHUK
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

network disconnected

HP Recommended
Office jet pro 8600
Mac OS X 10.11 El Capitan

Hi. i'd be grateful for any helpful tips. I have installed a new router to the house for improved broadband. Unfortuntely somehow, I have disconnected network services to the printer in trying to reconfigure the printer. I can't seem to get the printer to even register now on air print or add it to my network. this is my business printer. Please help. Customer support isnt open on SUndays.... how do i get the network services back wokring again? thanks in anticipation. 

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
sabretooth04
Level 14
21,074 20,455 1,540 3,516
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Replacing/changing your wireless router try here. Make sure your router is set to a fixed wireless channel like 1, 6 or 11, never ‘auto’. Try each channel one at a time.

http://www.hp.com/global/au/en/wireless/reconfiguring-system-help3.html

However if you have a Gateway device, all Gateway devices (modem+router) are terrible for wireless performance and connectivity.   If this does not work, suggest you put that gateway device in full bridge mode and install your own high quality router that YOU have full control over. 

0 Kudos
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation