Ask questions. Help others.
The HP Community is here for you.
Post new question
Question

Note on archived topics.
This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here, or click on "Post new question" above and select the appropriate board.
Top Student
Message 1 of 4 (4,767 Views)
Accepted Solution

new cartridge installed, won't print - blank pages, no error messages

I just installed a black 920 XL cartridge in my Officejet 6500. It preps the cartridge, I press print and the appropriate sounds emerge, but the printed page is blank. I tried this several times, tried taking out and putting the cartridge back in, even tried

opening up and using the second XL cartridge of the pack, NOTHING PRINTS. I went to the website page and it was extremely

unhelpful

0 Kudos
Accepted Solution

Re: new cartridge installed, won't print - blank pages, no error messages

There are a few 6500 printers, so I'm not certain which one you have, but did you find these instructions when you were looking on the website?

http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c01892627

View solution in context
PhD Student
Message 2 of 4 (4,757 Views)

[ Edited ]

There are a few 6500 printers, so I'm not certain which one you have, but did you find these instructions when you were looking on the website?

http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c01892627

I am an HP employee.
Top Student
Message 3 of 4 (4,745 Views)

Thank you very much for these procedures. I'm saving them for the next time I have ink issues. I didn't get to try them until tonight, so I logged off and back on before checking the ink status. After I checked the ink status, I clicked on print and printed a black ink only page with no issues. So now I can replace my color ink cartridges and know what to do if I have trouble printing with those new ink cartridges. 

Student
Message 4 of 4 (2,528 Views)

hp deskjwt ink advantage 4625 insattled black new cartridge not printing

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation