cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
    Information
    Know the Benefits of your HP account

Connect with HP support faster, manage all your devices in one place, view warranty information and more– Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
    Information
    Know the Benefits of your HP account

Connect with HP support faster, manage all your devices in one place, view warranty information and more– Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Highlighted
2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post

Solved!

new color cartridge wont work

HP Recommended

I have an older printer the hp psc 1210 and never had problems until recently.  I ran out of color ink and was printing just black for a couple months but now that I finally bought more color cartridges it will not print color and I get an error message saying that the tri color cartridge is incompatible.  I checked and this brand is compatible with my printer, I have tried taking both cartidges out and putting them back in and unplugging the printer.  I tried cleaning the electrical contacts and still the color will not print.  I even bought another color cartidge of a different brand and tried it and still no luck! What else can I do?

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Level 9
3,242 3,139 354 625
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I understand that you are getting an ink cartridge rejection error message . I would look at this document here that addresses ink cartridge errors for your printer. It will show you how to remove and inspect the cartridges while having the printer unplugged. It will also show you how to clean the cartridges and the printer chutes. Since you mentioned that you cleaned the contacts on the cartridges; compare the methods that you employed against the directions and then make sure to follow up with cleaning the printer chutes to ensure all buildup has been removed from the device. I hope that this helps. 

I am a former employee of HP...
How do I give Kudos?| How do I mark a post as Solved?
Highlighted
Author
2 1 0 0
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thanks, that did help! The first time I only cleaned the cartridge but cleaning the printer seemed to make a difference!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 9
3,242 3,139 354 625
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thank you for the reply. Cleaning the chutes in the printer will usually remove build-up from the product and help the cartridges make the proper contact inside the device so that it can produce the desired output.   I am glad that the printer is now working for you. Happy printing jessfurrow04!

I am a former employee of HP...
How do I give Kudos?| How do I mark a post as Solved?
0 Kudos
This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation