Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
Officejet Pro 8720
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

I purchased a 952XL Black ink cartrige at Wallmart.  The package that I purchased did not appear to be tampered with.  When I got the package home, it contained a used 952 cartrige.  I have been looking but have not found a place on the HP site where I can inform HP that some one at the HP Ink distributer appears to have put a used cartrige in a new product package, or someone at Wallmart opened a new product package and replaced the new cartrige with a used one and reclosed the package such that I was not able to identify it as having been tampered with.

Is there anyone that can tell me how to get hold of someone at HP to let them know about this?  An email address would be fine.

Thanks

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

HP has a site here to report counterfeit products, I would suggest reporting this case through that site.  Alternately (or perhaps additionally) I would suggest contacting the manager at the Walmart you purchased the product.

Many years ago I picked up a cartridge at a well known electronics outlet (not Walmart) and the package appeared tampered with.  I spoke to a salesman, he opened the package and found a used cartridge that had been resealed and returned to the store.  The return seems to have made its way back to the shelves.  There are criminals out there, please report this to HP and Walmart. 

Bob Headrick,  HP Expert

I am not an employee of HP, I am a volunteer posting here on my own time.

If your problem is solved please click the "Accept as Solution" button 

If my answer was helpful please click "Yes" to the "Was this post helpful" question.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.