cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
enucho
Level 1
9 6 1 0
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

no Scan shortcut on screen

A-in-O 3510
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

Issue: this week, had to reformat my computer and, of course, had to re-install my printer. Everything doing fine but noticed that the on-screen shorcut to Scan was not on my screen. I now have to click on the  HP Deskjet 3510 Series on-screen shortcut, in order to open another page, and choose Scan a Document and Photo. Before the re-install, it was there.

Any ideas, please. And thanks.

Emile

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
Level 15
Level 15
23,641 23,423 2,026 7,385
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@enucho

Hi Emile,

You likely need to install the Full Feature Software for your printer onto your computer.

Help and Instructions:

Install Full Feature Software – Printer

Hints to help you find your Printer Model:

• The printer model is likely either the Deskjet 3515 or the 3516
  • When you select your model, select the "HP Deskjet Ink Advantage" name and the number model of your printer.  Note that it doesn't matter if you are actually signed up for "Ink Advantage" in this instance, just use the name so you can find your printer and get to the support page.

Click the Kudos Thumbs-Up to say Thank You!

And...Click Accept as Solution when my Answer provides a Fix or Workaround!

I am pleased to provide assistance on behalf of HP. I do not work for HP. 

Kind Regards,
Dragon-Fur
0 Kudos
Highlighted
enucho
Level 1
9 6 1 0
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Ah, OK. Thanks very much. I will go ahead and re-install it,

Cheers,

Emile:smileywink:

0 Kudos
enucho
Level 1
9 6 1 0
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hello,
Well, I uninstalled and re-installed (this time the full monty) but still have no scan shortcut on my screen.

In general terms, I have slowly discovered that I have a lemon on my hands:

1. I can no longer wirelessly print from my Mac (no matter how many times I have unistalled and re-installed)

2. When I try to shut down the printer, it will increasingly blink for a long while and the show an error code on the little screen, at which time I either have to re-press the button so it wakes up again and the press agian to successfully shut down; or, alternatively, literally pull the plug.

3. Generally speaking, it also has various little tics . All in all, I can say that, sometimes, I just want to throw it iut the window and go for a different brand.

Of course, all these problems started to happen AFTER the warranty expired.

Cheers,

Emile
0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation