Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
HP Photosmart 3200 All-in-one
Microsoft Windows 10 (32-bit)

Hello,

My hard disk crashed, and I installed a new hard disk in my desktop. I installed Windows 10. I was very surprised that I couldn download the software and driver from the HP-website, there is no longer support for this product, out-of-date.

I need the driver and software of windows 8, these work also in windows 10. There is enough stuf on the worldwibe web, but often you get a mass of rubbish when you try to download this.

Can anybody help me ????? Can I get a clean driver with software ?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@tryer2

If your printer is actually one of the vintage printer models:

Photosmart 3210 AIO,

Photosmart 3210xi AIO,

Photosmart 3210v AIO

then the original driver page is likely no longer available.

The following package may work for you - the Photosmart 3200 series included in the build:

http://ftp.hp.com/pub/softlib/software13/COL30951/​mp-110165-3/AIO_CDB_Net_Full_Win_WW_140_408-5.exe

The software is rated for Windows 8.x - it may also work in Windows 10.

When you see a Post that helps you,

Inspires you, provides fresh insight,

Or teaches you something new,

Click the "Thumbs Up" on that Post.

Click my Answer Accept as Solution to help others find Answers.

Dragon-Fur

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
HP Recommended

@tryer2

If your printer is actually one of the vintage printer models:

Photosmart 3210 AIO,

Photosmart 3210xi AIO,

Photosmart 3210v AIO

then the original driver page is likely no longer available.

The following package may work for you - the Photosmart 3200 series included in the build:

http://ftp.hp.com/pub/softlib/software13/COL30951/​mp-110165-3/AIO_CDB_Net_Full_Win_WW_140_408-5.exe

The software is rated for Windows 8.x - it may also work in Windows 10.

Dragon-Fur

HP Recommended

Thanks a lot  Dragon-Fur ! indeed that was the right driver and software. Thank you very much !

HP Recommended

@tryer2

You are welcome.

Keep track of the Driver installation package -- you might want to store it in a folder where your backups will include the file.

You might want to download and keep a copy of the User Guide:

HP Photosmart 3200 All-in-One series - User Guide

Happy Printing!

Dragon-Fur

HP Recommended

I did an Upgrade and then Clean Install of Windows 10 from Windows 7 SP 1.  When I went to  www.hp.com/support to download the Photosmart 3200 Solution Software and drivers, HP told me my machine was over ten years old, support was discontinued, and to go buy a new one.

But HP is happy to continue producing ink cartridges; I bought two last week.  That's what I get for taking care of my equipment.  Oh well.

The suggestions by Dragon-Fur above were successful for me on Windows 10.  I have the download executable and user guide residing now in my personal AppData/HP folder where it will be part of my package of personal files which is regularly backed up to two thumb drives, one stored offsite.

I had to do the install twice.  For some reason I did not get the HP Solution Center the first time around.  After my first time, I could print but not scan.  Now I can scan also.

Thank you very, very much for the help.

HP Recommended

@TryingHarder

You are certainly welcome -- and I am glad to hear that you take care of your vintage printer!

Smiling.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

You might create a Restore Point -- hopefully never needed, of course.  

Ideally, one creates a Restore Point before making changes -- but afterwards is OK, too, as long as everything went as expected.

The Restore Point is a "line in the sand" -- a place to which you might be able to return in the future, should it be necessary.

Information:

Create a Restore Point: System Restore XP OR System Restore W7 OR System Restore W8-W10

Create Restore Point

Stop all programs: Browsers, games, Applications, etc.

Control Panel > icon view > System > System Protection

Click (Highlight) your main disk (C) > Select Create a Restore Point

--------------------------------------------------------------

Happy Printing.

Dragon-Fur

HP Recommended

@Dragon-Fur      (and anyone else who can help)  

My aunt's XP machine died and her daughter wants to switch her Photosmart 3210 AIO printer to her Win 7-32 Ultimate HP laptop.  

The installation CD could not be found, so I just plugged it in and let it search the Net for the drivers.   These it found and it prints fine.   These may be generic (not sure), but they do work.

The problem is the missing scanner software.   

I tried your advice to @tryer2 and downloaded

http://ftp.hp.com/pub/softlib/software13/COL30951/mp-110165-3/AIO_CDB_Net_Full_Win_WW_140_408-5.exe 

on the off chance it might work for Win7, but alas.  It did not.   It threw up a message basically saying it would not run on Win7 and then exited.   

My question is:  

Is there a build similar to, but different from, the above that will work with Win7?   

or  

Does anyone know where I can obtain an ISO of the original CD?   

Any help with this would be greatly appreciated.   

Sincerely,

William Ogburn

HP Recommended

@bogburn48

For XP through Windows 7:

Full Feature Software V13.0.445.0 WXP-W7

More...

Some of the following scanning options may work for your Windows 7 OS:

Download, save, and install:

HP Scan Extended

Dragon Document - Help, suggestions, links to how-to videos, and examples:

Scanning Program Options

Sections – various, including:

• Know and Understand Scan DPI / Scan Resolution options
  • HP Scan Extended – Exceptional standalone scan program:  Single, Multiple scans, Auto-Crop!
  • NAPS2 -- Not another PDF Scanner
  • Printer Software (Full Feature Software > Printer Assistant)
  • HP Scan and Capture
  • And others…

Thank you for participating in the HP Community Forum.

We are a community of HP enthusiasts dedicated to supporting HP devices and technology.

Dragon-Fur

HP Recommended

BogBurn48, my situation was different.  I was trying to get the drivers, including the scanner, for Windows 10.  You can see my posts on April 25, 2016.  I had to do the driver install twice to get the scanner to work.  I was able to find what I needed using Dragon-fur's help.  Per his suggestion, I put the needed downloaded .exe, the HPPSDr.exe (scan doctor) and the 3200UserGuide.pdf in a subdirectory which I back up to a thumb drive.  I am about to load it onto a replacement machine running Windows 10 Pro.  I hope the magic works.

HP Recommended

THANK YOU, for this link to the full feature software!  I replaced my hard drive in a Windows 7 laptop and was frustrated w/ HP that they didn't provide the driver for my Photosmart 3210 xi and the HP Solution software.  I greatly appreciated your post with the link.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.