cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
socrmom92
Level 1
12 10 0 0
Message 1 of 16
Flag Post

office jet 6700 premier blue screen issues

HP Recommended

I am using Windows 7 and since installing the driver for the HP Officejet 6700 Premier, my computer has displayed the "blue screen of death" numerous times and immediately shuts down my system. I've uninstalled and reinstalled the software a few different times. Seems to be happening when I'm working in Microsoft Office programs more than just the internet. Is anyone else having that issue and are there any fixes? I can't seem to find anything on a google search about this issue.

0 Kudos
15 REPLIES 15
stix4
Level 9
Level 9
1,520 1,523 53 337
Message 2 of 16
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hello,

Thanks for the post.  I might recommend taking a look at this document.  It has some great t-shooting steps concerning error messages and incomplete installations.  Good Luck!

http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c02266743

I work for HP but my posts and replies are my own....Thank you!

*Say thanks by clicking the *Kudos!* which is on the left*

*Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer with (Accept as Solution) if it solves your issue.*

0 Kudos
socrmom92
Author
Level 1
12 10 0 0
Message 3 of 16
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thanks for the advice. The software seems to run fine on another computer running XP. Today, while using the Windows 7 computer, it failed several times while simply on the internet - no MS Office programs open. Per your advice, I followed the detailed instructions, including all of step 2 for the Windows 7 operating system. While searching the 3 locations in devmgmt.msc, the printer is not appearing anyway. It does, however, appear under "imaging devices". Software has been completely uninstalled and reinstalled a number of times - rebooting after each. Still same problem. Any other suggestions?

0 Kudos
ghgold1
2 2 0 0
Message 4 of 16
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I also just purchased a HP Office Jet 6700 & just installed the CD that came with it.  Now I get blue screen issues.  Anyone come up with a solution yet?

0 Kudos
ghgold1
2 2 0 0
Message 5 of 16
Flag Post
HP Recommended
Did anyone come up with a solution...if so can you share it with me
0 Kudos
hawtin
2 2 0 0
Message 6 of 16
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I had two new computers and two new HP6600. BSOD on both.

Urgently needed one running, so bought a canon printer and it works fine.

Put one of the HP6600 on an older Win7 pc, and it works fine.

Now trying to get a new HP6700 to work with the other new PC and I get BSOD.

HP support said PC problem, however, this would not explain why the canon works, and HP does not.

Will call HP support again to try to get answers.

0 Kudos
DACA
1 1 0 0
Message 7 of 16
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I am having the same issue.  BSOD on new Lenovo Laptops with Windows 7 x64.  I do not recieve the blue screen until I load the HP Officejet 6700 Premier drivers.  When I uninstall the drivers the BSOD stops.  I'm currently on the phone with HP case manager Orlando who does not want to allow me to return the faulty printers.  This is really simple HP.  Your drivers are causing my laptops to BSOD.  I want to return them.  Orlando will not let me return them because I'm 10 days outside the 30 day period.

I asked to speak to a manager and HP refuses to resolve my issue.  This is pointless.

0 Kudos
socrmom92
Author
Level 1
12 10 0 0
Message 8 of 16
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I am also having issues with the PC not "sleeping" or "hibernating" without having to completely reboot ever since the software was installed. What a pain in the butt!

0 Kudos
stix4
Level 9
Level 9
1,520 1,523 53 337
Message 9 of 16
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hello Socrmom92,

Thanks for the update.  Much appreciated.  Just for testing purposes, have you tried the OJ basic driver in Win.7?  Check the link below....good luck!

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareDownloadIndex?softwareitem=mp-101734-1&cc=us&dlc=en&lc=en...

I work for HP but my posts and replies are my own....Thank you!

*Say thanks by clicking the *Kudos!* which is on the left*

*Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer with (Accept as Solution) if it solves your issue.*

0 Kudos
socrmom92
Author
Level 1
12 10 0 0
Message 10 of 16
Flag Post
HP Recommended

No, I haven't tried that solution. If this is a basic driver, however, what features will I lose if I uninstall the old and reinstall this driver? Just wanna be sure before I do it...

0 Kudos
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation