cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
hawtin
2 2 0 0
Message 11 of 16
Flag Post
HP Recommended

This basic driver did not work.

I had uninstalled all other progams on the pc except windows 7 64bit and the BSODs still happened.

I have given up trying to connect it via usb. Luckily this 6700 is a networked printer and it works through a network connection.

I have a 6600 that does the same thing though, and as it is only usb (or wireless) I will not be able to use it until this problem is solved.

HP support blames the PC, however, I have connected other printers and other usb devices to it, and no problems.

I bought 2 pc's and 2 HP6600 and a HP6700 and this BSOD happened on all combinations of these 5 machines.

Older PC's are ok though. It could be an incompatabiltiy issue with something on the new PCs, but I can't figure out what it is.

0 Kudos
xchilds
2 2 0 0
Message 12 of 16
Flag Post
HP Recommended

i have same touble.

my friend have HP 6740ep, win 7 x64,

and BSOD...

0 Kudos
Shane_R
Level 11
7,948 7,850 685 1,152
Message 13 of 16
Flag Post
HP Recommended
Have you tried using an alternate print driver. It looks like a serious conflict between the driver and the OS. Below are the steps for assigning an alternate print driver.

1. Click on the Start menu.
2. Click on Devices and Printers.
3. Right-click on your printer.
4. Select Printer Properties.
5. Click on the Advanced tab.
6. Click on New Driver.
7. Click Next.
8. Select HP from the first list.
9. Select Deskjet 450 from the second list.
10. Click Next.
11. Click Finish.
12. Click Apply.
13. Click OK to close the window.

Let me know what happens.
-------------How do I give Kudos? | How do I mark a post as Solved? --------------------------------------------------------
Signature
0 Kudos
socrmom92
Author
Level 1
12 10 0 0
Message 14 of 16
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I am on Windows 07 so the instructions for adding the driver didn't work for me. I think I figured out how to add the driver you suggested, but I can't figure out how to assign that driver to this printer. Any suggestions?

0 Kudos
Shane_R
Level 11
7,948 7,850 685 1,152
Message 15 of 16
Flag Post
HP Recommended
Those instructions are the exact steps for Windows 7. What step tripped you up? It may help to know, since it could be a system problem.
-------------How do I give Kudos? | How do I mark a post as Solved? --------------------------------------------------------
Signature
0 Kudos
TrustedComputer
1 1 0 0
Message 16 of 16
Flag Post
HP Recommended
Sorry to resurrect an old thread, but has anyone had any good results from connecting over the network or switching to the built-in Deskjet 450 driver in 64-bit Windows?

I have a client with this BSOD problem on a fresh Windows 7 64-bit install, and I note that HP has still not released a new driver. Thanks!
0 Kudos
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation