Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
    Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Highlighted
5 2 0 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post

office jet all-in-one 6600 does not copy

HP Recommended

officejet all-in-one does not copy

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
17,328 17,221 901 2,538
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi @escept,

I see you have an Officejet 6600 and are unable to copy. What happens when you try to copy? Do you get an error message? Do you have the printer connected directly to a wall outlet or is it in a surge protector or power bar? Even if you have been using a surge protector/power bar all this time and you feel it is not the cause, please connect it to a wall outlet just so we can eliminate the power source as the root cause.   Issues when Connected to an Uninterruptible Power Supply/Power Strip/Surge Protector

In this document you will see, ISSUE: Problems or issues may arise when an HP LaserJet series printer is connected to an uninterruptible power supply (UPS), a power strip, or a surge protector

^ This is not limited to Laserjet printers.

While I wait to hear back from you, let's perform a hard reset. To do so, leave the printer on and unplug the power cable for 1 minute. While it is unplugged, hold down the power button on the printer for 10-15 seconds to release any built up power, then after the minute has passed, plug the printer back in.

Thanks, I look forward to hearing back from you.

Edited based on response:

Please post back with the answers to the following questions @escept :

1. What happens when you try to copy?
  2. Do you get an error message?
  3. Do you have the printer connected directly to a wall outlet or is it in a surge protector or power bar?

Sunshyn2005
I work on behalf of HP

If you found this post helpful, you can let others know by clicking the Accept as Solution button. You can also show your appreciation, with a kudos, by clicking the thumbs up" button!

Highlighted
Author
5 2 0 0
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

unsuccessful

0 Kudos
This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation