Ask questions. Help others.
The HP Community is here for you.
Post new question
Question

Note on archived topics.
This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here, or click on "Post new question" above and select the appropriate board.
Honor Student
Message 1 of 2 (177 Views)

officejet 4500 wireless not communicating with new router/modem

Officejet 4500 Wireless no longer will work wirelessly. I just installed a usb chord, but I can't figure out how to get this now wired printer to show up as a choice - can't print. Help

0 Kudos
Retired
Message 2 of 2 (148 Views)

Re: officejet 4500 wireless not communicating with new router/modem

[ Edited ]

Hi neworleansddh,

I see by your post that the wireless stopped working and you are trying to setup the USB connection.
I can help you with this issue.

Download and run the Print and Scan Doctor. It will diagnose the issue and might automatically resolve it. Find and fix common printer problems using HP diagnostic tools for Windows?

If you are still having issues then uninstall and reinstall the printer software.

Uninstalling the Printer Software.

Restore the defaults on the printer and then run the Wireless Setup Wizard on the printer.

Go to setup, tools, restore defaults. (this will remove the old router settings)

Installing the Printer Software for a Wireless Network Connection.

Then install the software.

HP Officejet 4500 Wireless All-in-One Printer - G510n Drivers.

Select your operating system, click next and click on the software to download and install.

What operating system are you using? How to Find the Windows Edition and Version on Your Computer.

If you need further assistance, let me know.

Have a nice day!
Thank You.

Gemini02

I work on behalf of HP

Click the Thumbs Up below to say “Thanks” for helping!
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation